Aug 23, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Both Aston Villa and Newcastle United boast Starting XIs that are unchanged from Opening Day as the two sides tangle from Villa Park to kick off Week Two of the Premier League on the NBC Sports Network (Watch live at 7:45 a.m. ET on NBCSN and online via Live Extra).
The notable change for Newcastle is on the bench, where high-profile transfer Siem de Jong has been deemed fit and could make his PL debut after arriving from Ajax in the offseason.
The Villans have two Premier League hotshots of the past on the bench, as Joe Cole and Darren Bent await their chances to make an impact on the match.
Villa beat Stoke City at the Britannia on opening weekend, while Newcastle looked flashy in a loss to Manchester CIty at St. James Park.
Aston Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Senderos, Vlaar, Cissokho, Westwood, Delph, Richardson, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor
Subs: Given, Baker, Bacuna, Cole, Bent, Sanchez, Grealish
Newcastle United: Krul; Janmaat, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Anita, Colback; Gouffran, Sissoko, Cabella; Riviere
Subs: Elliot, Haidara, S.Taylor, Abeid, Obertan, de Jong, Perez
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 5
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 8
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 3