Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
Roberto Martinez and Everton welcome Arsenal to Goodison Park on Saturday (Watch live on NBC, 12:30 p.m. ET and online via Live Extra) as the Toffees aim to put down an early marker as a top four contender.
These two squads battled it out for fourth place last season as Arsenal won the race down the stretch.
On their last trip to Goodison, Arsene Wenger’s side were smacked 3-0 and following a tiring midweek trip to Istanbul to play Besiktas in a UEFA Champions League play-off, the Gunners must be on their game from the start.
Everton were disappointed with an opening day draw away at Leicester City, while Arsenal grabbed a late win at home vs. Crystal Palace. Both sides will look to entertain and put on a show at a fired up Goodison Park.
In team news Everton bring in Seamus Coleman for John Stones, plus Kevin Mirallas comes in for Aiden McGeady. while Arsenal start German internationals Per Mertesacker and Mesut Ozil after their extended rest on World Cup duty.
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Naismith, Pienaar, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, McGeady, Besic, Atsu, Osman, Stones, Alcaraz.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Monreal, Flamini, Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis. Subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Koscielny, Rosicky, Giroud, Cazorla, Campbell
- Report: Marco Reus is out for 2014 with torn ankle ligament 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0