Aug 23, 2014, 9:27 AM EST
Swansea City welcome Burnley to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday (Watch live, 10 a.m. ET online via Live Extra) as the Welsh side aim to continue their wonderful start to the new season.
On the opening day of the campaign the Swans beat Manchester United 2-1 at Old Trafford for their first ever league win away to the Red Devils. Young manager Garry Monk has made some shrewd signings over the summer and his first full season in charge could be a promising one.
As for Burnley, Sean Dyche’s men witnessed the harsh reality of life in the PL on their opening day. The Clarets were battered 3-1 by Chelsea despite taking an early lead at Turf Moor and if they’re going to stave off relegation this term, they must defend better.
This game marks the first time Swansea and Burnley have met in the top-flight of English soccer.
In team news Swansea and Burnley are both unchanged, while the away team name new signing Steven Ward on the substitutes bench since he joined from Wolves.
Swansea City: Fabianski, Rangel, Amat, Williams, Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony. Subs: Tremmel, Bartley, Tiendalli, Richards, Montero, Sheehan, Gomis.
Burnley: Heaton; Trippier, Shackell, Duff, Mee; Arfield, Jones, Marney, Taylor; Ings, Jutkiewicz. Subs: Gilks, Wallace, Kightly, Sordell, Barnes, Reid, Ward.
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 0
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 3
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5