Aug 23, 2014, 9:27 AM EST
Swansea City welcome Burnley to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday (Watch live, 10 a.m. ET online via Live Extra) as the Welsh side aim to continue their wonderful start to the new season.
On the opening day of the campaign the Swans beat Manchester United 2-1 at Old Trafford for their first ever league win away to the Red Devils. Young manager Garry Monk has made some shrewd signings over the summer and his first full season in charge could be a promising one.
As for Burnley, Sean Dyche’s men witnessed the harsh reality of life in the PL on their opening day. The Clarets were battered 3-1 by Chelsea despite taking an early lead at Turf Moor and if they’re going to stave off relegation this term, they must defend better.
This game marks the first time Swansea and Burnley have met in the top-flight of English soccer.
In team news Swansea and Burnley are both unchanged, while the away team name new signing Steven Ward on the substitutes bench since he joined from Wolves.
Swansea City: Fabianski, Rangel, Amat, Williams, Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony. Subs: Tremmel, Bartley, Tiendalli, Richards, Montero, Sheehan, Gomis.
Burnley: Heaton; Trippier, Shackell, Duff, Mee; Arfield, Jones, Marney, Taylor; Ings, Jutkiewicz. Subs: Gilks, Wallace, Kightly, Sordell, Barnes, Reid, Ward.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0