Aug 23, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
While the first week of the Premier League season managed to avoid any 0-0 results, the second Saturday of the 2014-15 campaign gave us the year’s first scoreless draws. Between Villa Park and St. Mary’s, opportunities proved scarce, with Villa, Newcastle, Southampton and West Brom combining for only eight shots on target.
[MORE: Looking for game highlights? Try this. ]
It’s a total Chelsea exceeded on their own, testing Kasper Schmeichel 10 times during its 2-0 victory over Leicester. West Ham also proved prolific, recording eight shots on target during its 3-1 win at Selhurst Park, while Everton and Arsenal combined for four goals in their draw at Goodison.
[MORE: Full match replays]
Perhaps the scoring wasn’t spread out as much as last week, but there were still goals to be had, with our Saturday review package walking you through them all.
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 1
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 5
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 1
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 10
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 5
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 2