Aug 23, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
While the first week of the Premier League season managed to avoid any 0-0 results, the second Saturday of the 2014-15 campaign gave us the year’s first scoreless draws. Between Villa Park and St. Mary’s, opportunities proved scarce, with Villa, Newcastle, Southampton and West Brom combining for only eight shots on target.
[MORE: Looking for game highlights? Try this. ]
It’s a total Chelsea exceeded on their own, testing Kasper Schmeichel 10 times during its 2-0 victory over Leicester. West Ham also proved prolific, recording eight shots on target during its 3-1 win at Selhurst Park, while Everton and Arsenal combined for four goals in their draw at Goodison.
[MORE: Full match replays]
Perhaps the scoring wasn’t spread out as much as last week, but there were still goals to be had, with our Saturday review package walking you through them all.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0