Aug 23, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
While the first week of the Premier League season managed to avoid any 0-0 results, the second Saturday of the 2014-15 campaign gave us the year’s first scoreless draws. Between Villa Park and St. Mary’s, opportunities proved scarce, with Villa, Newcastle, Southampton and West Brom combining for only eight shots on target.
[MORE: Looking for game highlights? Try this. ]
It’s a total Chelsea exceeded on their own, testing Kasper Schmeichel 10 times during its 2-0 victory over Leicester. West Ham also proved prolific, recording eight shots on target during its 3-1 win at Selhurst Park, while Everton and Arsenal combined for four goals in their draw at Goodison.
[MORE: Full match replays]
Perhaps the scoring wasn’t spread out as much as last week, but there were still goals to be had, with our Saturday review package walking you through them all.
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 0
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4