Aug 24, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
Mario Balotelli has experience in the Premier League with three years at Manchester City, and right now, he looks set to make his way back to England, nearing an exit to Liverpool in the range of $21.65 million fee.
The Italian striker certainly helped the chances of AC last season, scoring 18 goals in all competitions to lead the team, but an 8th place finish in Serie A was not the season’s conclusion that Milan can accept.
Even though Balotelli topped the stat sheet, Rossoneri manager Filippo Inzaghi has revealed that his absence could actually to a successful year and a top-tier attitude.
“When a player leaves, it means all the parties involved took the decision. We are certainly losing a great player, but we gain something more in team spirit and hunger. I wish Balo all the best at Liverpool,” he said.
Arsenal youngster Joel Campbell, who impressed spectators at the World Cup playing for his home country of Costa Rica, has recently been linked to replace the ex-Inter Milan forward.
As far as immediate signings, though, Inzaghi feels that his squad can still be competitive with their current outlook. He believes adding a certain footballer to the roster could serve a purpose, and it’s up to the management.
“The directors know what I want in the market. I have to train the players at my disposal and we have a squad up to the task. If someone else arrives, even better, but otherwise we’re fine as we are,” he said. “Jeremy Menez can play any of the three attacking roles and help us to use a different system. He is a versatile player who will be of great use.”
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 16
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0
- Mats Hummels to Manchester United rumors persist. Can it happen in January? 1
- Report: Arsenal have deal in place to sign Chelsea’s Petr Cech 1