Aug 24, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The German is well down in the pecking order with Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Santi Cazorla, Theo Walcott, and even young Serge Gnabry and Joel Campbell seemingly ahead of him in the attacking depth chart.
Podolski would be a nice compliment to Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente, and could give Juventus a deep and lethal attack they’ve recently lacked in Champions League play.
The German is well-liked among the Gunner faithful, as much for his fan friendly off-the-field antics as his play on the pitch. His social media use suggests he is very close friends with teammates such as Wojciech Szczesny and Per Mertesacker.
But at 27 years old and still very much in the prime of his career, Podolski has only 69 appearances over all competitions for the club since signing in the summer of 2012, with 59 of those in the Premier League (39 starts).
Reports today from Italy also say Roma remain heavily interested, and are looking into trying to step in between the two parties to try and hijack the deal.
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1