Aug 24, 2014, 2:26 PM EST
The German is well down in the pecking order with Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Santi Cazorla, Theo Walcott, and even young Serge Gnabry and Joel Campbell seemingly ahead of him in the attacking depth chart.
Podolski would be a nice compliment to Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente, and could give Juventus a deep and lethal attack they’ve recently lacked in Champions League play.
The German is well-liked among the Gunner faithful, as much for his fan friendly off-the-field antics as his play on the pitch. His social media use suggests he is very close friends with teammates such as Wojciech Szczesny and Per Mertesacker.
But at 27 years old and still very much in the prime of his career, Podolski has only 69 appearances over all competitions for the club since signing in the summer of 2012, with 59 of those in the Premier League (39 starts).
Reports today from Italy also say Roma remain heavily interested, and are looking into trying to step in between the two parties to try and hijack the deal.
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 6
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders (video) 0
- Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Arsenal: Red-hot Giroud helps Gunners to win (video) 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return (video) 4