Aug 24, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
According to Sky Sports and other reports, Hull City have agreed to a deal for Tottenham Hotspur central defender Michael Dawson who is desperate for playing time.
Cast away by Mauricio Pochettino, the Spurs captain will provide a much-needed boost to a Hull squad hit by injury and thinned by Europa League fixture congestion.
The 30-year-old made 32 appearances in the middle of defense last year, but has yet to appear this season behind Jan Vertonghen and breakout defender Eric Dier.
There are also rumors that Spurs are in for Sevilla defender Federico Fazio, which would make life even harder for Dawson at Spurs.
Hull City were rumored to be in for Dawson back in July but negotiations broke down on both ends. He is in the final season of his Spurs contract.
The only reason for Dawson to remain is he sits on nine seasons in the Spurs first team and one more year would earn him a testimonial at White Hart Lane. He joined from Nottingham Forest in 2005.
Steve Bruce has been public about his pursuit of Dawson, telling the Hull Daily Mail that, “That’s another where we are nibbling at and we’re hopeful we can progress it.” The Hull manager has also spoken openly about the possibility of a deal for prolific Championship striker Jordan Rhodes.
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2