Aug 25, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
First, Balotelli admitted his move from Manchester City to AC Milan wasn’t his best idea.
“I’m happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake. I wanted to go to Italy but I realised it was a mistake,” he said.
It’s part of a wide-ranging interview in which he explains his love for the uniform No. 45, his experience winning the UEFA Champions League with Inter Milan and ‘beautiful’ English football.
There was a lot of ‘happiness’ mentioned by Balotelli in the interview. He was asked about his admiration for Anfield and whether he expected the grand reception he’s received thusfar.
I didn’t expect it because I’ve always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren’t nice with me but that’s normal – it’s football! Now that I play for Liverpool, I can see the expectation in people. They’re very happy and that makes me very happy at the same time.
Balotelli even went ‘next level’ with a philosophical answer to the following question:
Q: Finally, what are your ambitions here at Liverpool? What do you hope to achieve?
A: As much as I can.
No doubt he will. No doubt.
- Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool 0
- SportsWorld: Jose Fonte talks playing with Ronaldo, shares thoughts on MLS 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Time for the underdogs to shine 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 34 0
- Jose Mourinho: “Arsene Wenger is not my rival” ahead of Arsenal vs. Chelsea 6
- UEFA Champions League semifinal draw: Guardiola’s Bayern get Barcelona; Real Madrid take on Juventus 0