Aug 25, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
First, Balotelli admitted his move from Manchester City to AC Milan wasn’t his best idea.
“I’m happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake. I wanted to go to Italy but I realised it was a mistake,” he said.
It’s part of a wide-ranging interview in which he explains his love for the uniform No. 45, his experience winning the UEFA Champions League with Inter Milan and ‘beautiful’ English football.
There was a lot of ‘happiness’ mentioned by Balotelli in the interview. He was asked about his admiration for Anfield and whether he expected the grand reception he’s received thusfar.
I didn’t expect it because I’ve always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren’t nice with me but that’s normal – it’s football! Now that I play for Liverpool, I can see the expectation in people. They’re very happy and that makes me very happy at the same time.
Balotelli even went ‘next level’ with a philosophical answer to the following question:
Q: Finally, what are your ambitions here at Liverpool? What do you hope to achieve?
A: As much as I can.
No doubt he will. No doubt.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 1
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 1
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0