Aug 25, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
First, Balotelli admitted his move from Manchester City to AC Milan wasn’t his best idea.
“I’m happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake. I wanted to go to Italy but I realised it was a mistake,” he said.
It’s part of a wide-ranging interview in which he explains his love for the uniform No. 45, his experience winning the UEFA Champions League with Inter Milan and ‘beautiful’ English football.
There was a lot of ‘happiness’ mentioned by Balotelli in the interview. He was asked about his admiration for Anfield and whether he expected the grand reception he’s received thusfar.
I didn’t expect it because I’ve always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren’t nice with me but that’s normal – it’s football! Now that I play for Liverpool, I can see the expectation in people. They’re very happy and that makes me very happy at the same time.
Balotelli even went ‘next level’ with a philosophical answer to the following question:
Q: Finally, what are your ambitions here at Liverpool? What do you hope to achieve?
A: As much as I can.
No doubt he will. No doubt.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2