Aug 25, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
There’s no dire need for a Dier or a Dyer when it comes to this week’s Premier League team of the week, as both Swansea’s Nathan Dyer and Tottenham’s Eric Dier are celebrated for their work on the pitch in Matchday 2.
Joining them are Chelsea backstop Thibaut Courtois, who blanked Leicester City along with defender Branislav Ivanovic.
[VIDEO: Premier League highlights, here]
[RELATED: Latest Premier League standings]
Aston Villa’s Alan Hutton gets a sentimental nod for starring in two clean sheets over two weeks, as he helped Aston Villa earn a point against Newcastle, while Sunderland’s Lee Cattermole gets named for his work in the 1-1 draw against Manchester United.
A pair of West Ham players are recognized for their 3-1 thumping of Crystal Palace, as Stewart Downing and Mauro Zarate join another pair of London players, Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud and Nacer Chadli, on the list.
Hull’s Tom Huddlestone rounds things out as the Tigers now have four points from two matches.
Matchday 2 – Premier League Team of the Week (Formation: 3-5-2)
GK: Thibaut Courtois
Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic, Alan Hutton, Eric Dier
Midfielders: Nathan Dyer, Tom Huddlestone, Lee Cattermole, Stewart Downing, Nacer Chadli
Forwards: Mauro Zarate, Olivier Giroud
- Report: Croatia friendly a no-go, but USMNT still likely to play that date 0
- West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 0
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0