Aug 25, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Apparently the Ed Devils of Mancheste United need to stock up on materials, as just the likelihood of Angel Di Maria‘s appearance in their shirt has driven their superstore into trouble.
The Daily Mail reports that the store at Old Trafford ran out of the letter ‘R’ for personalized player shirts with the news that Di Maria is probably headed for United.
Rooney, van Persie, Rojo, Carrick and now Di Maria. I guess this is a problem?
From The Daily Mail:
The Manchester United superstore ran out of the letter ‘R’ with supporters clambering for an Angel Di Maria shirt.
A sign was put outside the official club store informing fans that there were no ‘R’ letters left in black print.
Di Maria is set to sign for Manchester United for a British record transfer fee of £59.7million plus-add-ons and will earn £200,000-a-week in wages.
It’s a super goofy, light-hearted story for the end of this transfer window that proves Real Madrid malcontent Di Maria is already causing problems at Old Trafford. What an egomaniac.
The story claims Di Maria will train with United after taking a medical on Tuesday, formalizing his signing at some point as well.
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 3
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 0
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 3
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 3
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 1
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 7