Aug 25, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Apparently the Ed Devils of Mancheste United need to stock up on materials, as just the likelihood of Angel Di Maria‘s appearance in their shirt has driven their superstore into trouble.
The Daily Mail reports that the store at Old Trafford ran out of the letter ‘R’ for personalized player shirts with the news that Di Maria is probably headed for United.
Rooney, van Persie, Rojo, Carrick and now Di Maria. I guess this is a problem?
From The Daily Mail:
The Manchester United superstore ran out of the letter ‘R’ with supporters clambering for an Angel Di Maria shirt.
A sign was put outside the official club store informing fans that there were no ‘R’ letters left in black print.
Di Maria is set to sign for Manchester United for a British record transfer fee of £59.7million plus-add-ons and will earn £200,000-a-week in wages.
It’s a super goofy, light-hearted story for the end of this transfer window that proves Real Madrid malcontent Di Maria is already causing problems at Old Trafford. What an egomaniac.
The story claims Di Maria will train with United after taking a medical on Tuesday, formalizing his signing at some point as well.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1