Aug 25, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Apparently the Ed Devils of Mancheste United need to stock up on materials, as just the likelihood of Angel Di Maria‘s appearance in their shirt has driven their superstore into trouble.
The Daily Mail reports that the store at Old Trafford ran out of the letter ‘R’ for personalized player shirts with the news that Di Maria is probably headed for United.
Rooney, van Persie, Rojo, Carrick and now Di Maria. I guess this is a problem?
From The Daily Mail:
The Manchester United superstore ran out of the letter ‘R’ with supporters clambering for an Angel Di Maria shirt.
A sign was put outside the official club store informing fans that there were no ‘R’ letters left in black print.
Di Maria is set to sign for Manchester United for a British record transfer fee of £59.7million plus-add-ons and will earn £200,000-a-week in wages.
It’s a super goofy, light-hearted story for the end of this transfer window that proves Real Madrid malcontent Di Maria is already causing problems at Old Trafford. What an egomaniac.
The story claims Di Maria will train with United after taking a medical on Tuesday, formalizing his signing at some point as well.
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 9
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0