Aug 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Looks like Samuel Eto’o really liked his visit to Liverpool.
Lined up by the Reds as a replacement should things not work out with Mario Balotelli — they have — the Cameroonian striker has agreed to a two-year-deal with Liverpool’s crosstown rivals in Everton and, according to The Daily Mail, Eto’o will have a medical Tuesday before joining the team.
The 33-year-old former Barcelona superstar netted a decent nine times in 21 Premier League appearances for Chelsea last season, adding three goals in nine UEFA Champions League matches.
He was released by Chelsea in late May, and did not score in Cameroon’s disappointing World Cup. Though fighting injury troubles across two-plus seasons at Anzhi in Russia, Eto’o managed 36 goals and hasn’t scored less than 12 goals in a season since 2002 at Mallorca.
Everton has drawn its first two Premier League matches, but scoring goals was not a problem. The Toffees drew Leicester City and Arsenal by identical 2-2 score lines.
- West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 0
- Premier League Preview: West Brom vs. Manchester United 0
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0