Aug 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Looks like Samuel Eto’o really liked his visit to Liverpool.
Lined up by the Reds as a replacement should things not work out with Mario Balotelli — they have — the Cameroonian striker has agreed to a two-year-deal with Liverpool’s crosstown rivals in Everton and, according to The Daily Mail, Eto’o will have a medical Tuesday before joining the team.
The 33-year-old former Barcelona superstar netted a decent nine times in 21 Premier League appearances for Chelsea last season, adding three goals in nine UEFA Champions League matches.
He was released by Chelsea in late May, and did not score in Cameroon’s disappointing World Cup. Though fighting injury troubles across two-plus seasons at Anzhi in Russia, Eto’o managed 36 goals and hasn’t scored less than 12 goals in a season since 2002 at Mallorca.
Everton has drawn its first two Premier League matches, but scoring goals was not a problem. The Toffees drew Leicester City and Arsenal by identical 2-2 score lines.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 5
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3