Aug 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Looks like Samuel Eto’o really liked his visit to Liverpool.
Lined up by the Reds as a replacement should things not work out with Mario Balotelli — they have — the Cameroonian striker has agreed to a two-year-deal with Liverpool’s crosstown rivals in Everton and, according to The Daily Mail, Eto’o will have a medical Tuesday before joining the team.
The 33-year-old former Barcelona superstar netted a decent nine times in 21 Premier League appearances for Chelsea last season, adding three goals in nine UEFA Champions League matches.
He was released by Chelsea in late May, and did not score in Cameroon’s disappointing World Cup. Though fighting injury troubles across two-plus seasons at Anzhi in Russia, Eto’o managed 36 goals and hasn’t scored less than 12 goals in a season since 2002 at Mallorca.
Everton has drawn its first two Premier League matches, but scoring goals was not a problem. The Toffees drew Leicester City and Arsenal by identical 2-2 score lines.
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0
- Report: Chelsea join Manchester United in chase for Nathaniel Clyne 3