Aug 25, 2014, 7:47 AM EST
On Sunday at Providence Park the Seattle Sounders brushed aside Cascadia rivals Portland, with Clint Dempsey and Obafemi Martins ripping the Timbers defense apart.
Martins scored twice and set up Dempsey to score as both players ended their lengthy MLS scoring droughts. Chad Barrett scored a beauty to round off the scoring as the visiting supporters celebrated in style in PDX. This season
Seattle are now top of the Western Conference, the Supporters’ Shield and the Cascadia Cup standings, while Portland are embroiled in an almighty scrap for the fifth and final playoff spot in the West.
Watch the video above to relive all the action from yet another exhilarating Cascadia clash. So far in 2014, Seattle and Portland have tied 4-4, Vancouver beat Portland 4-3 and the ‘Caps and Sounders tied 2-2 earlier this year. That trend of goals galore continue on Sunday in another epic Cascadia Cup encounter.
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0