Aug 25, 2014, 7:47 AM EST
On Sunday at Providence Park the Seattle Sounders brushed aside Cascadia rivals Portland, with Clint Dempsey and Obafemi Martins ripping the Timbers defense apart.
Martins scored twice and set up Dempsey to score as both players ended their lengthy MLS scoring droughts. Chad Barrett scored a beauty to round off the scoring as the visiting supporters celebrated in style in PDX. This season
Seattle are now top of the Western Conference, the Supporters’ Shield and the Cascadia Cup standings, while Portland are embroiled in an almighty scrap for the fifth and final playoff spot in the West.
Watch the video above to relive all the action from yet another exhilarating Cascadia clash. So far in 2014, Seattle and Portland have tied 4-4, Vancouver beat Portland 4-3 and the ‘Caps and Sounders tied 2-2 earlier this year. That trend of goals galore continue on Sunday in another epic Cascadia Cup encounter.
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 0
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa to contest FA charge of violent conduct 0
- Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claims two teams interested 7
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 13
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2