Aug 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s dipping shot from distance in the 90th minute bounded by Cordoba keeper Juan Carlos Martín Corral to put an exclamation point on Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over the newly-promoted La Liga side.
Ronaldo turned with the ball and dribbled a bit before lashing a shot that fooled the netminder by dipping and bouncing instead of continuing on its initial trajectory. Perhaps Juan Carlos didn’t see that sort of dip last season in the Segunda Division.
The long-distance goal joined Karim Benzema‘s 30th minute tally in the box score.
Here’s the screamer from CR7:
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 0
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa to contest FA charge of violent conduct 0
- Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claims two teams interested 8
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 14
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2