Aug 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s dipping shot from distance in the 90th minute bounded by Cordoba keeper Juan Carlos Martín Corral to put an exclamation point on Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over the newly-promoted La Liga side.
Ronaldo turned with the ball and dribbled a bit before lashing a shot that fooled the netminder by dipping and bouncing instead of continuing on its initial trajectory. Perhaps Juan Carlos didn’t see that sort of dip last season in the Segunda Division.
The long-distance goal joined Karim Benzema‘s 30th minute tally in the box score.
Here’s the screamer from CR7:
- MLS Cup Playoffs Preview: Red Bulls vs. Revolution, Galaxy vs. Sounders in Conference Championship first legs 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 1