Aug 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s dipping shot from distance in the 90th minute bounded by Cordoba keeper Juan Carlos Martín Corral to put an exclamation point on Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over the newly-promoted La Liga side.
Ronaldo turned with the ball and dribbled a bit before lashing a shot that fooled the netminder by dipping and bouncing instead of continuing on its initial trajectory. Perhaps Juan Carlos didn’t see that sort of dip last season in the Segunda Division.
The long-distance goal joined Karim Benzema‘s 30th minute tally in the box score.
Here’s the screamer from CR7:
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 2
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 1