Aug 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s dipping shot from distance in the 90th minute bounded by Cordoba keeper Juan Carlos Martín Corral to put an exclamation point on Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over the newly-promoted La Liga side.
Ronaldo turned with the ball and dribbled a bit before lashing a shot that fooled the netminder by dipping and bouncing instead of continuing on its initial trajectory. Perhaps Juan Carlos didn’t see that sort of dip last season in the Segunda Division.
The long-distance goal joined Karim Benzema‘s 30th minute tally in the box score.
Here’s the screamer from CR7:
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 2-3 Montreal Impact (video) 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 3
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1