Aug 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s dipping shot from distance in the 90th minute bounded by Cordoba keeper Juan Carlos Martín Corral to put an exclamation point on Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over the newly-promoted La Liga side.
Ronaldo turned with the ball and dribbled a bit before lashing a shot that fooled the netminder by dipping and bouncing instead of continuing on its initial trajectory. Perhaps Juan Carlos didn’t see that sort of dip last season in the Segunda Division.
The long-distance goal joined Karim Benzema‘s 30th minute tally in the box score.
Here’s the screamer from CR7:
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0