Aug 25, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
[ MATCH RECAP: Manchester City 3, Liverpool 1 ]
[ MORE: Watch full replay, here ]
A disappointed Brendan Rodgers addressed his team’s 3-1 loss at the hands of Manchester City, where for a while his squad had the upper hand.
“Up until 40 minutes we were the best team, and then we’ve just switched off in that final period of the half… The message at halftime was we were playing well and we were the most threatening team. The second goal comes in and it killed us a wee bit.”
Glen Johnson had a thigh injury, and Rodgers says it’ll be reassessed. Alberto Moreno twisted his ankle and is swollen.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0