Aug 25, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
[ MATCH RECAP: Manchester City 3, Liverpool 1 ]
[ MORE: Watch full replay, here ]
A disappointed Brendan Rodgers addressed his team’s 3-1 loss at the hands of Manchester City, where for a while his squad had the upper hand.
“Up until 40 minutes we were the best team, and then we’ve just switched off in that final period of the half… The message at halftime was we were playing well and we were the most threatening team. The second goal comes in and it killed us a wee bit.”
Glen Johnson had a thigh injury, and Rodgers says it’ll be reassessed. Alberto Moreno twisted his ankle and is swollen.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 4
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3