Aug 25, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
[ MATCH RECAP: Manchester City 3, Liverpool 1 ]
[ MORE: Watch full replay, here ]
A disappointed Brendan Rodgers addressed his team’s 3-1 loss at the hands of Manchester City, where for a while his squad had the upper hand.
“Up until 40 minutes we were the best team, and then we’ve just switched off in that final period of the half… The message at halftime was we were playing well and we were the most threatening team. The second goal comes in and it killed us a wee bit.”
Glen Johnson had a thigh injury, and Rodgers says it’ll be reassessed. Alberto Moreno twisted his ankle and is swollen.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 6
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1