Aug 25, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
[ MATCH RECAP: Manchester City 3, Liverpool 1 ]
[ MORE: Watch full replay, here ]
A disappointed Brendan Rodgers addressed his team’s 3-1 loss at the hands of Manchester City, where for a while his squad had the upper hand.
“Up until 40 minutes we were the best team, and then we’ve just switched off in that final period of the half… The message at halftime was we were playing well and we were the most threatening team. The second goal comes in and it killed us a wee bit.”
Glen Johnson had a thigh injury, and Rodgers says it’ll be reassessed. Alberto Moreno twisted his ankle and is swollen.
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 0
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Old Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0