Aug 25, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
[ MATCH RECAP: Manchester City 3, Liverpool 1 ]
[ MORE: Watch full replay, here ]
A disappointed Brendan Rodgers addressed his team’s 3-1 loss at the hands of Manchester City, where for a while his squad had the upper hand.
“Up until 40 minutes we were the best team, and then we’ve just switched off in that final period of the half… The message at halftime was we were playing well and we were the most threatening team. The second goal comes in and it killed us a wee bit.”
Glen Johnson had a thigh injury, and Rodgers says it’ll be reassessed. Alberto Moreno twisted his ankle and is swollen.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 2
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1