Aug 26, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Angel Di Maria has cost Manchester United a British transfer record of more than $98 million from Real Madrid.
It’s been quite a year for Di Maria. He was the Man of the Match at the UEFA Champions League final and scored a memorable 118th minute winner for Argentina against Switzerland in the knockout rounds of the World Cup.
He’s an Olympic gold medal winner, a La Liga title winner, a UCL winner and a World Cup runner-up. And now he’ll be providing service and opening up the field for Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) August 26, 2014
Louis van Gaal’s comments were glowing, “Angel is a world-class midfielder… there’s no doubting his immense natural talent. His dribbling skills and ability to beat opponents are a joy to watch. He’s an excellent addition.”
Look out, Premier League, Manchester United just improved its service ten-fold.
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 3
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0