Aug 26, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Angel Di Maria has cost Manchester United a British transfer record of more than $98 million from Real Madrid.
It’s been quite a year for Di Maria. He was the Man of the Match at the UEFA Champions League final and scored a memorable 118th minute winner for Argentina against Switzerland in the knockout rounds of the World Cup.
He’s an Olympic gold medal winner, a La Liga title winner, a UCL winner and a World Cup runner-up. And now he’ll be providing service and opening up the field for Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) August 26, 2014
Louis van Gaal’s comments were glowing, “Angel is a world-class midfielder… there’s no doubting his immense natural talent. His dribbling skills and ability to beat opponents are a joy to watch. He’s an excellent addition.”
Look out, Premier League, Manchester United just improved its service ten-fold.
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 0
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 22
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1