Aug 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
According to club president Adriano Galliani, the Rossoneri want to nab Torres on a season-long loan deal from Stamford Bridge, plus bring in Chelsea winger Marco van Ginkel too.
[RELATED: Mourinho needs Torres]
Torres, 30, has found himself behind Diego Costa and Didier Drogba in the pecking order of forwards so far this season and has yet to play a single second in Chelsea’s opening two matches of the campaign. Despite that, Blues boss Jose Mourinho is adamant he wants to keep Torres around.
However with AC Milan chasing Torres and set to offer him regular soccer, will the Spaniard be keen to move on? Here’s what Milan’s president had to say about the potential deal when asked by reporters.
“We are in the last stages of the market and we will see if we are able to acquire an important forward,” Galliani said. “Torres is certainly an important forward and we will see if we can sign him or another player. Van Ginkel? It’s possible. We have written to Chelsea and are awaiting a response. We are optimistic.”
Torres joined Chelsea for a whopping $82 million in 2011 from Liverpool but has never hit it off in West London. The fans appreciate his effort in each and every game but his goalscoring record has been poor after he’s scored just 45 goals in 172 appearances for Chelsea. Torres’ form in the PL has been the most worrying as he’s failed to hit double figures since arriving at Chelsea over three seasons ago.
Mourinho is a huge fan of Torres but with Costa coming in this season and scoring in each of his opening two matches for Chelsea, you have to think Torres will play second fiddle to his compatriot this campaign. If he’s happy with that, he will likely stick around but if he actually wants to play week in, week out, a loan move to Milan may be the best option out there.
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0