Aug 28, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
The qualifying is over. Now comes the draw for the 2014-15 UEFA Champions League group stage.
Four Premier League teams will feature in the competition, as Arsenal snuck through their play-off vs. Besiktas on Wednesday and will join Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea in the draw.
[RELATED: Latest Champions League news]
Taking place in Monaco on Thursday (11:45 a.m. ET), the draw could line up some pretty juicy groups with huge teams scattered throughout the four seeded pots. UEFA has split up all 32 teams into four pots according to their co-efficient, where European soccer’s governing body ranks their previous performances in European competition.
Teams from the same nation will be kept apart during the group stage draw but there is the potential for some “Groups of Death” to be picked out. For instance, Real Madrid could face Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool and AS Roma in their group. Wowza. While at the same time you could have Chelsea, Juventus, Ajax and Monaco, plus Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray and Anderlecht.
The potential for some tricky group is out there, plus a whole host of upstarts will be in the group stage this season as Malmo, Ludogorets, APOEL Nicosia, Maribor and BATE Borisov made it, while Roma, Athletic Bilbao and Monaco return to the competition after a lengthy absence.
Below is the full list of teams who have qualified, along with the seeded pots they are placed in. Premier League sides are highlighted.
Seeding for UEFA Champions League draw, Thursday, 11:45 a.m. ET
Pot one: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Benfica, Chelsea, Porto, Real Madrid.
Pot two: Basel, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Manchester City, Paris St-Germain, Schalke, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg.
Pot three: Ajax, Athletic Bilbao, Bayer Leverkusen, CSKA Moscow, Galatasaray,Liverpool, Olympiakos, Sporting Lisbon.
Pot four: Anderlecht, APOEL Nicosia, BATE Borisov, Ludogorets Razgrad, Malmo, Maribor, Monaco, Roma.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7