Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The LA Galaxy continued their hot streak on Wednesday night as they battered D.C. United 4-1 at the StubHub Center, with Landon Donovan continuing his top form on his farewell tour.
Alan Gordon opened the scoring, Donovan then swung in a corner which Omar Gonzalez volleyed home, Baggio Husidic then finished off a wonderful 26-pass move to make it 3-0 before Donovan wrapped things up from the penalty spot (possibly the weakest PK call of all-time on an apparent pull by Bobby Boswell on Gonzalez) with LA’s fourth. D.C.’s lone strike came from an own goal by Leonardo.
[RELATED: Latest MLS standings]
[RELATED: MLS stats]
Watch the highlights above, as LA moved into second place in the Western Conference following their third-straight win. D.C. remain top of the East but Ben Olsen’s men were beaten convincingly by an LA side inspired, once again, by a lively Landon Donovan.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1