Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
The LA Galaxy continued their hot streak on Wednesday night as they battered D.C. United 4-1 at the StubHub Center, with Landon Donovan continuing his top form on his farewell tour.
Alan Gordon opened the scoring, Donovan then swung in a corner which Omar Gonzalez volleyed home, Baggio Husidic then finished off a wonderful 26-pass move to make it 3-0 before Donovan wrapped things up from the penalty spot (possibly the weakest PK call of all-time on an apparent pull by Bobby Boswell on Gonzalez) with LA’s fourth. D.C.’s lone strike came from an own goal by Leonardo.
[RELATED: Latest MLS standings]
[RELATED: MLS stats]
Watch the highlights above, as LA moved into second place in the Western Conference following their third-straight win. D.C. remain top of the East but Ben Olsen’s men were beaten convincingly by an LA side inspired, once again, by a lively Landon Donovan.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7