Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
The LA Galaxy continued their hot streak on Wednesday night as they battered D.C. United 4-1 at the StubHub Center, with Landon Donovan continuing his top form on his farewell tour.
Alan Gordon opened the scoring, Donovan then swung in a corner which Omar Gonzalez volleyed home, Baggio Husidic then finished off a wonderful 26-pass move to make it 3-0 before Donovan wrapped things up from the penalty spot (possibly the weakest PK call of all-time on an apparent pull by Bobby Boswell on Gonzalez) with LA’s fourth. D.C.’s lone strike came from an own goal by Leonardo.
[RELATED: Latest MLS standings]
[RELATED: MLS stats]
Watch the highlights above, as LA moved into second place in the Western Conference following their third-straight win. D.C. remain top of the East but Ben Olsen’s men were beaten convincingly by an LA side inspired, once again, by a lively Landon Donovan.
- Marvell Wynne, Bakary Soumare headline Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Draft results 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 1
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 4
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1