Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The LA Galaxy continued their hot streak on Wednesday night as they battered D.C. United 4-1 at the StubHub Center, with Landon Donovan continuing his top form on his farewell tour.
Alan Gordon opened the scoring, Donovan then swung in a corner which Omar Gonzalez volleyed home, Baggio Husidic then finished off a wonderful 26-pass move to make it 3-0 before Donovan wrapped things up from the penalty spot (possibly the weakest PK call of all-time on an apparent pull by Bobby Boswell on Gonzalez) with LA’s fourth. D.C.’s lone strike came from an own goal by Leonardo.
[RELATED: Latest MLS standings]
[RELATED: MLS stats]
Watch the highlights above, as LA moved into second place in the Western Conference following their third-straight win. D.C. remain top of the East but Ben Olsen’s men were beaten convincingly by an LA side inspired, once again, by a lively Landon Donovan.
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 1
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 1
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 3
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 3