Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The LA Galaxy continued their hot streak on Wednesday night as they battered D.C. United 4-1 at the StubHub Center, with Landon Donovan continuing his top form on his farewell tour.
Alan Gordon opened the scoring, Donovan then swung in a corner which Omar Gonzalez volleyed home, Baggio Husidic then finished off a wonderful 26-pass move to make it 3-0 before Donovan wrapped things up from the penalty spot (possibly the weakest PK call of all-time on an apparent pull by Bobby Boswell on Gonzalez) with LA’s fourth. D.C.’s lone strike came from an own goal by Leonardo.
[RELATED: Latest MLS standings]
[RELATED: MLS stats]
Watch the highlights above, as LA moved into second place in the Western Conference following their third-straight win. D.C. remain top of the East but Ben Olsen’s men were beaten convincingly by an LA side inspired, once again, by a lively Landon Donovan.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4