Aug 29, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
Jose Mourinho wasn’t being straight with the media when he said his “squad is closed”. Who figured?
Chelsea announced on Friday that forward Fernando Torres is going on a two-year loan to AC Milan, mere hours after Mourinho said the Spaniard was going nowhere.
[ RELATED: Friday’s transfer rumor roundup ]
Milan is trying to rebound from a disastrous 2013/14, and Torres style could fit nicely into Serie A.
The deal is subject to Torres agreeing to terms and passing a medical.
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 29, 2014
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0