Aug 29, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho wasn’t being straight with the media when he said his “squad is closed”. Who figured?
Chelsea announced on Friday that forward Fernando Torres is going on a two-year loan to AC Milan, mere hours after Mourinho said the Spaniard was going nowhere.
[ RELATED: Friday’s transfer rumor roundup ]
Milan is trying to rebound from a disastrous 2013/14, and Torres style could fit nicely into Serie A.
The deal is subject to Torres agreeing to terms and passing a medical.
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 29, 2014
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 4
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3