Aug 29, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho wasn’t being straight with the media when he said his “squad is closed”. Who figured?
Chelsea announced on Friday that forward Fernando Torres is going on a two-year loan to AC Milan, mere hours after Mourinho said the Spaniard was going nowhere.
[ RELATED: Friday’s transfer rumor roundup ]
Milan is trying to rebound from a disastrous 2013/14, and Torres style could fit nicely into Serie A.
The deal is subject to Torres agreeing to terms and passing a medical.
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 29, 2014
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 1
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 4
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 3