Aug 29, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho wasn’t being straight with the media when he said his “squad is closed”. Who figured?
Chelsea announced on Friday that forward Fernando Torres is going on a two-year loan to AC Milan, mere hours after Mourinho said the Spaniard was going nowhere.
[ RELATED: Friday’s transfer rumor roundup ]
Milan is trying to rebound from a disastrous 2013/14, and Torres style could fit nicely into Serie A.
The deal is subject to Torres agreeing to terms and passing a medical.
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 29, 2014
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 2
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0