Aug 29, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho wasn’t being straight with the media when he said his “squad is closed”. Who figured?
Chelsea announced on Friday that forward Fernando Torres is going on a two-year loan to AC Milan, mere hours after Mourinho said the Spaniard was going nowhere.
[ RELATED: Friday’s transfer rumor roundup ]
Milan is trying to rebound from a disastrous 2013/14, and Torres style could fit nicely into Serie A.
The deal is subject to Torres agreeing to terms and passing a medical.
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 29, 2014
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 15
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 5
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 3