Aug 29, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
While Jose Mourinho refutes claims that Fernando Torres could leave Chelsea and Leicester City land an Inter Milan legend, plenty of other names are making their rounds through the rumor mill this fine Friday.
Looks like the 450,00,000,000 reports that assured us that Arturo Vidal would be headed to Manchester United are going to turn out to be false after the player again said he’ll be staying at Juventus. Meanwhile, United could see Shinji Kagawa return to Borussia Dortmund and Tom Cleverley skate off to Aston Villa.
[ VIDEO: Van Gaal talks Di Maria, rebuilding process ]
Sky Sports says Inter Milan is trying to pry Ezequiel Lavezzi away from Paris Saint-Germain. The Argentina attacker has been linked with several clubs across the Premier League and La Liga this summer.
Straight from the horse’s mouth, Brendan Rodgers says there will likely be more players moving out than coming to Anfield before the end of the window. One of those will not be Jon Flanagan, as Rodgers wants to get him a new contract. Jordon Ibe, meanwhile, is off to Derby County on loan.
Alex Song has a permanent seat in the Transfer Rumor Saloon — which might also be called the Bid Bar or the Medical Taproom — and today’s Sky Sports report has Sam Allardyce trying to bring the Cameroonian to the Boleyn Ground.
Hull may have picked up Palermo striker Abel Hernandez, as Goal.com has reported that Steve Bruce has obtained a work permit for the Uruguayan international.
[ REPORT: Premier League teams line up for Cavani loan ]
Twenty-seven year-old Arsenal target and Torino attacker Alessio Cerci has reportedly asked to leave the Serie A club. Cerci can play striker in addition to his play on the wing, and his agent said there are multiple suitors for his services.
There’s some news around Newcastle United, with defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa linked with a loan move to Marseille that could become permanent. This could open the Magpies up for a much-rumored Micah Richards move, and The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder says Loic Remy has turned down a return to St. James Park from QPR.
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Talking FA Cup upsets with guests Spencer Lanning, Josh Scobee 0
- Gareth Bale dismisses Manchester United speculation, happy at Real Madrid 6
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 4
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0