Aug 29, 2014, 10:49 PM EDT
Following a weather delay that took everybody off the pitch for about an hour, the Houston Dynamo got a goal ahead of Sporting Kansas City in the NBC-televised game tonight. It was Will Bruin who did the honors in the 35th minute, gathering a cross in the box and burying it between KC defenders. He then fell to the ground injured, but endured the knock to remain on the field.
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 3
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2