Aug 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
What a difference a year makes.
Swansea City is absolutely soaring under manager Garry Monk, winners of nine points from three matches and allowing just one goal.
[ RECAP & HIGHLIGHTS: Swansea City 3-0 West Bromwich Albion ]
[RELATED: Watch the full match replay ]
They’ve taken down Manchester United, Burnley and now West Bromwich Albion, but Monk is not getting ahead of him. With Chelsea up next, he knows the long season can take many turns.
And like a parent guarding an adventurous child, it’s safety first.
“It’s good to have that winning habit, which is always nice to have within your squad, but when you’re trying to be a perfectionist you see more things they do wrong than right. But today it was important to start the game well and, ultimately, we got the win.”
…“Realistically, we want to get to the so-called 40-point barrier as fast as possible.”
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0