Aug 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
What a difference a year makes.
Swansea City is absolutely soaring under manager Garry Monk, winners of nine points from three matches and allowing just one goal.
[ RECAP & HIGHLIGHTS: Swansea City 3-0 West Bromwich Albion ]
[RELATED: Watch the full match replay ]
They’ve taken down Manchester United, Burnley and now West Bromwich Albion, but Monk is not getting ahead of him. With Chelsea up next, he knows the long season can take many turns.
And like a parent guarding an adventurous child, it’s safety first.
“It’s good to have that winning habit, which is always nice to have within your squad, but when you’re trying to be a perfectionist you see more things they do wrong than right. But today it was important to start the game well and, ultimately, we got the win.”
…“Realistically, we want to get to the so-called 40-point barrier as fast as possible.”
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 5
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3