Aug 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
What a difference a year makes.
Swansea City is absolutely soaring under manager Garry Monk, winners of nine points from three matches and allowing just one goal.
[ RECAP & HIGHLIGHTS: Swansea City 3-0 West Bromwich Albion ]
[RELATED: Watch the full match replay ]
They’ve taken down Manchester United, Burnley and now West Bromwich Albion, but Monk is not getting ahead of him. With Chelsea up next, he knows the long season can take many turns.
And like a parent guarding an adventurous child, it’s safety first.
“It’s good to have that winning habit, which is always nice to have within your squad, but when you’re trying to be a perfectionist you see more things they do wrong than right. But today it was important to start the game well and, ultimately, we got the win.”
…“Realistically, we want to get to the so-called 40-point barrier as fast as possible.”
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City: Blues maintain five-point lead atop table 1
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 1