Aug 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Manchester City haven’t done anything too flashy in this summer transfer window, so perhaps its fitting that their name has emerged as a late favorite to sign Radamel Falcao.
The Colombian striker has been linked to just about every massive location in Europe at some point this summer.
Falcao has two goals in three matches for AS Monaco this season.
Here’s what Manuel Pellegrini had to say after City’s 1-0 loss to Stoke:
I am not talking about rumours. We have now 48 hours, we will see what happens. We have important restrictions about the amount of money we can spend and the number of players we can use, so it is not easy for us to bring important players.
But today alone, some betting services suspended bets on Falcao moving to Real Madrid on loan, while Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United have also been strung into the conversation.
So where will the superstar Monaco striker wind up? Could it be the Etihad? What in the world would Real Madrid to win him?
Silly season, indeed.
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 2
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0