Aug 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Manchester City haven’t done anything too flashy in this summer transfer window, so perhaps its fitting that their name has emerged as a late favorite to sign Radamel Falcao.
The Colombian striker has been linked to just about every massive location in Europe at some point this summer.
Falcao has two goals in three matches for AS Monaco this season.
Here’s what Manuel Pellegrini had to say after City’s 1-0 loss to Stoke:
I am not talking about rumours. We have now 48 hours, we will see what happens. We have important restrictions about the amount of money we can spend and the number of players we can use, so it is not easy for us to bring important players.
But today alone, some betting services suspended bets on Falcao moving to Real Madrid on loan, while Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United have also been strung into the conversation.
So where will the superstar Monaco striker wind up? Could it be the Etihad? What in the world would Real Madrid to win him?
Silly season, indeed.
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 4
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0