Aug 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Manchester City haven’t done anything too flashy in this summer transfer window, so perhaps its fitting that their name has emerged as a late favorite to sign Radamel Falcao.
The Colombian striker has been linked to just about every massive location in Europe at some point this summer.
Falcao has two goals in three matches for AS Monaco this season.
Here’s what Manuel Pellegrini had to say after City’s 1-0 loss to Stoke:
I am not talking about rumours. We have now 48 hours, we will see what happens. We have important restrictions about the amount of money we can spend and the number of players we can use, so it is not easy for us to bring important players.
But today alone, some betting services suspended bets on Falcao moving to Real Madrid on loan, while Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United have also been strung into the conversation.
So where will the superstar Monaco striker wind up? Could it be the Etihad? What in the world would Real Madrid to win him?
Silly season, indeed.
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 1
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 4
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9
- Mexico 3-1 Jamaica: El Tri overpowers Cinderella story to win Gold Cup 30
- Frank Lampard ruled out of MLS All-Star game 2