Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The season’s first classic took place today at Everton, where a Chelsea team that scored two quick goals had trouble putting away a wounded foe. Come full time, the Toffees had pulled within one on two occasions, pushing the visitors to a six-goal day that left kept them on top of the Premier League.
After the match, NBC Sports’ Arlo White and Lee Dixon collected their thoughts, reflecting back on Diego Costa, Everton’s high line, and a memorable crowd at Goodison Park.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0