Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The season’s first classic took place today at Everton, where a Chelsea team that scored two quick goals had trouble putting away a wounded foe. Come full time, the Toffees had pulled within one on two occasions, pushing the visitors to a six-goal day that left kept them on top of the Premier League.
After the match, NBC Sports’ Arlo White and Lee Dixon collected their thoughts, reflecting back on Diego Costa, Everton’s high line, and a memorable crowd at Goodison Park.
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6