Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The season’s first classic took place today at Everton, where a Chelsea team that scored two quick goals had trouble putting away a wounded foe. Come full time, the Toffees had pulled within one on two occasions, pushing the visitors to a six-goal day that left kept them on top of the Premier League.
After the match, NBC Sports’ Arlo White and Lee Dixon collected their thoughts, reflecting back on Diego Costa, Everton’s high line, and a memorable crowd at Goodison Park.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1