Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The season’s first classic took place today at Everton, where a Chelsea team that scored two quick goals had trouble putting away a wounded foe. Come full time, the Toffees had pulled within one on two occasions, pushing the visitors to a six-goal day that left kept them on top of the Premier League.
After the match, NBC Sports’ Arlo White and Lee Dixon collected their thoughts, reflecting back on Diego Costa, Everton’s high line, and a memorable crowd at Goodison Park.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1