Aug 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The season’s first classic took place today at Everton, where a Chelsea team that scored two quick goals had trouble putting away a wounded foe. Come full time, the Toffees had pulled within one on two occasions, pushing the visitors to a six-goal day that left kept them on top of the Premier League.
After the match, NBC Sports’ Arlo White and Lee Dixon collected their thoughts, reflecting back on Diego Costa, Everton’s high line, and a memorable crowd at Goodison Park.
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0