Aug 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Juan Arango’s first goal for Tijuana was absolutely smoked into the goal.
The 34-year-old Venezuelan attacking midfielder transferred to Mexico from Borussia Monchengladbach this year, and is already paying dividends.
The goal gave TJ a 1-0 lead, though it wouldn’t stand as the winner. Leones Negros later found an equalizer.
Tijuana is the home of seven American players, including Joe Corona, Fernando Arce Jr and Greg Garza.
- Robbie Keane: One of the greatest goalscorers of all-time? 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 10
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6