Aug 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Juan Arango’s first goal for Tijuana was absolutely smoked into the goal.
The 34-year-old Venezuelan attacking midfielder transferred to Mexico from Borussia Monchengladbach this year, and is already paying dividends.
The goal gave TJ a 1-0 lead, though it wouldn’t stand as the winner. Leones Negros later found an equalizer.
Tijuana is the home of seven American players, including Joe Corona, Fernando Arce Jr and Greg Garza.
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 16
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 4