Aug 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
A match day that started with a whimper at Turf Moor saw explosions in East London, Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool, with the Premier League Saturday eventually giving us 24 goals across the day’s seven matches. The highlight was undoubtedly Chelsea’s 6-3 win at Goodison Park, but six goals at St. James Park and four at the Boleyn Ground helped boost the league’s lofty numbers.
As is our Saturday tradition, we wrap up today’s coverage with all the goals and results. Check out the Premier League recap, above.
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 0
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 3
- Sepp Blatter refuses to quit as FIFA president despite plea from UEFA’s Michel Platini 5
- Russia, Vladimir Putin criticize US government for “illegal persecution” of FIFA 17
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 6
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5