Aug 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
A match day that started with a whimper at Turf Moor saw explosions in East London, Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool, with the Premier League Saturday eventually giving us 24 goals across the day’s seven matches. The highlight was undoubtedly Chelsea’s 6-3 win at Goodison Park, but six goals at St. James Park and four at the Boleyn Ground helped boost the league’s lofty numbers.
As is our Saturday tradition, we wrap up today’s coverage with all the goals and results. Check out the Premier League recap, above.
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 2
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0