Aug 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
A match day that started with a whimper at Turf Moor saw explosions in East London, Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool, with the Premier League Saturday eventually giving us 24 goals across the day’s seven matches. The highlight was undoubtedly Chelsea’s 6-3 win at Goodison Park, but six goals at St. James Park and four at the Boleyn Ground helped boost the league’s lofty numbers.
As is our Saturday tradition, we wrap up today’s coverage with all the goals and results. Check out the Premier League recap, above.
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 6-4 Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 4
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1