Aug 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
A match day that started with a whimper at Turf Moor saw explosions in East London, Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool, with the Premier League Saturday eventually giving us 24 goals across the day’s seven matches. The highlight was undoubtedly Chelsea’s 6-3 win at Goodison Park, but six goals at St. James Park and four at the Boleyn Ground helped boost the league’s lofty numbers.
As is our Saturday tradition, we wrap up today’s coverage with all the goals and results. Check out the Premier League recap, above.
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 0
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1