Aug 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
A match day that started with a whimper at Turf Moor saw explosions in East London, Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool, with the Premier League Saturday eventually giving us 24 goals across the day’s seven matches. The highlight was undoubtedly Chelsea’s 6-3 win at Goodison Park, but six goals at St. James Park and four at the Boleyn Ground helped boost the league’s lofty numbers.
As is our Saturday tradition, we wrap up today’s coverage with all the goals and results. Check out the Premier League recap, above.
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 0
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 2
- Liverpool’s Rodgers disturbed at Premier League scheduling around Europa League 5
- Europa League preview: Second legs prompt excitement (and extra security) 0