Aug 30, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Barcelona has loaned defensive midfielder Alex Song to West Ham United for the 2014/15 Premier League season.
Song, who turns 27 in September, arrived at Upton Park for the West Ham’s match with Southampton but is unable to play this weekend.
[ RELATED: Reports say Loic Remy’s headed for Chelsea ]
The World Cup veteran saw a red card in Cameroon’s disastrous tournament, but has been capped 47 times for the Indomitable Lions.
“For me, when I was in Spain, I always said that if I was to leave one day I would return to the Premier League. It was a very hard decision, because when you have options of a lot of clubs who are playing in the Champions League, but at the end of the day I chose West Ham because I wanted to come to the Premier League. This is a league which has given me a lot and I didn’t finish what I wanted to achieve here.”
Song has spent the last two seasons at Barca after playing more than 200 times for Arsenal between 2006-2012.
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 2
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0