Aug 30, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Barcelona has loaned defensive midfielder Alex Song to West Ham United for the 2014/15 Premier League season.
Song, who turns 27 in September, arrived at Upton Park for the West Ham’s match with Southampton but is unable to play this weekend.
[ RELATED: Reports say Loic Remy’s headed for Chelsea ]
The World Cup veteran saw a red card in Cameroon’s disastrous tournament, but has been capped 47 times for the Indomitable Lions.
“For me, when I was in Spain, I always said that if I was to leave one day I would return to the Premier League. It was a very hard decision, because when you have options of a lot of clubs who are playing in the Champions League, but at the end of the day I chose West Ham because I wanted to come to the Premier League. This is a league which has given me a lot and I didn’t finish what I wanted to achieve here.”
Song has spent the last two seasons at Barca after playing more than 200 times for Arsenal between 2006-2012.
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3