Aug 30, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Barcelona has loaned defensive midfielder Alex Song to West Ham United for the 2014/15 Premier League season.
Song, who turns 27 in September, arrived at Upton Park for the West Ham’s match with Southampton but is unable to play this weekend.
[ RELATED: Reports say Loic Remy’s headed for Chelsea ]
The World Cup veteran saw a red card in Cameroon’s disastrous tournament, but has been capped 47 times for the Indomitable Lions.
“For me, when I was in Spain, I always said that if I was to leave one day I would return to the Premier League. It was a very hard decision, because when you have options of a lot of clubs who are playing in the Champions League, but at the end of the day I chose West Ham because I wanted to come to the Premier League. This is a league which has given me a lot and I didn’t finish what I wanted to achieve here.”
Song has spent the last two seasons at Barca after playing more than 200 times for Arsenal between 2006-2012.
- Watch Live: Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 1
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1