Aug 30, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Barcelona has loaned defensive midfielder Alex Song to West Ham United for the 2014/15 Premier League season.
Song, who turns 27 in September, arrived at Upton Park for the West Ham’s match with Southampton but is unable to play this weekend.
[ RELATED: Reports say Loic Remy’s headed for Chelsea ]
The World Cup veteran saw a red card in Cameroon’s disastrous tournament, but has been capped 47 times for the Indomitable Lions.
“For me, when I was in Spain, I always said that if I was to leave one day I would return to the Premier League. It was a very hard decision, because when you have options of a lot of clubs who are playing in the Champions League, but at the end of the day I chose West Ham because I wanted to come to the Premier League. This is a league which has given me a lot and I didn’t finish what I wanted to achieve here.”
Song has spent the last two seasons at Barca after playing more than 200 times for Arsenal between 2006-2012.
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 0
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1