Aug 31, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
After failing to advance to the World Cup quarterfinals on the heels of a 2-1 loss to Belgium, the United States is set to begin performing again vs. the Czech Republic on Wednesday.
But defender Geoff Cameron, one of America’s starters in Brazil, will not play despite his inclusion into the latest U.S. roster. Filled with young talent, the lis of footballers includes 18-year-old Emerson Hyndman of Everton, FC Utrecht’s Rubio Rubin and Borussia Dortmund II’s Joe Gyau.
Cameron succumbed to 34th minute injury in Stoke City’s 3-0 victory over Portsmouth in the Capital One Cup. His manager, Mark Hughes said Cameron could stay out of matchplay for multiple weeks.
Here’s the full roster without Cameron, courtesy of US Soccer.
Defenders: John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton)
Midfielders: Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Brek Shea (Stoke City)
Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Joe Gyau (Borussia Dortmund II), Jordan Morris (Stanford), Rubio Rubin (Utrecht), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1