Aug 31, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Sometimes, giants are defeated, and that was the case when La Liga authority Real Madrid (with the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo) surrendered to Real Sociedad in a shock 4-2 defeat,
Madrid jumped out to quick 2-0 lead, when Toni Kroos fed Sergio Ramos to blast a fifth-minute header into the back of the net, and six minutes passed before Gareth Bale doubled the score on his close-range finish following his decisive cut past Sociedad’s defense.
Before halftime, in the 35h minute, Iñigo Martínez halve the score for the Royals with his goal, and six minutes later, the score was level at 2-2, with David Zurutuza netting goal No. 1 of his brace, his second coming in the 65th minute to provide his team with the 3-2 advantage.
Then, Mexican international Carlos Vela continued to expose Madrid’s defense, rocketing a shot into the upper netting to conclude the astounding result.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1