Aug 31, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Sometimes, giants are defeated, and that was the case when La Liga authority Real Madrid (with the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo) surrendered to Real Sociedad in a shock 4-2 defeat,
Madrid jumped out to quick 2-0 lead, when Toni Kroos fed Sergio Ramos to blast a fifth-minute header into the back of the net, and six minutes passed before Gareth Bale doubled the score on his close-range finish following his decisive cut past Sociedad’s defense.
Before halftime, in the 35h minute, Iñigo Martínez halve the score for the Royals with his goal, and six minutes later, the score was level at 2-2, with David Zurutuza netting goal No. 1 of his brace, his second coming in the 65th minute to provide his team with the 3-2 advantage.
Then, Mexican international Carlos Vela continued to expose Madrid’s defense, rocketing a shot into the upper netting to conclude the astounding result.
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 1
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0