Aug 31, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Sometimes, giants are defeated, and that was the case when La Liga authority Real Madrid (with the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo) surrendered to Real Sociedad in a shock 4-2 defeat,
Madrid jumped out to quick 2-0 lead, when Toni Kroos fed Sergio Ramos to blast a fifth-minute header into the back of the net, and six minutes passed before Gareth Bale doubled the score on his close-range finish following his decisive cut past Sociedad’s defense.
Before halftime, in the 35h minute, Iñigo Martínez halve the score for the Royals with his goal, and six minutes later, the score was level at 2-2, with David Zurutuza netting goal No. 1 of his brace, his second coming in the 65th minute to provide his team with the 3-2 advantage.
Then, Mexican international Carlos Vela continued to expose Madrid’s defense, rocketing a shot into the upper netting to conclude the astounding result.
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa: Gunners torch hapless Villa with deadly counters 0
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 4
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0