Aug 31, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Sometimes, giants are defeated, and that was the case when La Liga authority Real Madrid (with the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo) surrendered to Real Sociedad in a shock 4-2 defeat,
Madrid jumped out to quick 2-0 lead, when Toni Kroos fed Sergio Ramos to blast a fifth-minute header into the back of the net, and six minutes passed before Gareth Bale doubled the score on his close-range finish following his decisive cut past Sociedad’s defense.
Before halftime, in the 35h minute, Iñigo Martínez halve the score for the Royals with his goal, and six minutes later, the score was level at 2-2, with David Zurutuza netting goal No. 1 of his brace, his second coming in the 65th minute to provide his team with the 3-2 advantage.
Then, Mexican international Carlos Vela continued to expose Madrid’s defense, rocketing a shot into the upper netting to conclude the astounding result.
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1
- Watch Live: Arsenal vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Everton 2-1 West Ham United: Osman’s strike seals win for resurgent Toffees 1