Aug 31, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
After years of accepting a bench role at Manchester United and doing so strongly, it would appear Chicharito is finally ready to head out of Old Trafford and find a deserved place in a starting lin…
Oh. He’s going to Real Madrid?
It would seem Javier Hernandez is swapping one bench for another as the career super sub will make his way to Real Madrid on a loan switch.
According to journalists Guillem Balague and Tancredi Palmeri, an agreement is in place to bring Hernandez to Madrid, although according to a number of journalists, the two sides still have yet to agree on the wage split the loan will feature.
Chicharito has been linked with a number of moves away from Manchester United after seeing less and less playing time as well as falling to the bench of Miguel Herrera’s Mexican national team.
Other teams linked with Hernandez include Juventus, Valencia, Tottenham, and Southampton.
It’s a surprising move considering his main problem at Manchester United was playing time, but with so many superstars at Real Madrid, it’s hard to see where he would find time on the pitch.
Chicharito has been a true professional during his time at United, never complaining about his lack of playing time and always accepting his role as super sub.
However, a player of his caliber many would agree should be starting somewhere, and that is reflected by the various clubs linked with his services.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- MLS Cup Playoffs Preview: Red Bulls vs. Revolution, Galaxy vs. Sounders in Conference Championship first legs 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 1