Aug 31, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
After years of accepting a bench role at Manchester United and doing so strongly, it would appear Chicharito is finally ready to head out of Old Trafford and find a deserved place in a starting lin…
Oh. He’s going to Real Madrid?
It would seem Javier Hernandez is swapping one bench for another as the career super sub will make his way to Real Madrid on a loan switch.
According to journalists Guillem Balague and Tancredi Palmeri, an agreement is in place to bring Hernandez to Madrid, although according to a number of journalists, the two sides still have yet to agree on the wage split the loan will feature.
Chicharito has been linked with a number of moves away from Manchester United after seeing less and less playing time as well as falling to the bench of Miguel Herrera’s Mexican national team.
Other teams linked with Hernandez include Juventus, Valencia, Tottenham, and Southampton.
It’s a surprising move considering his main problem at Manchester United was playing time, but with so many superstars at Real Madrid, it’s hard to see where he would find time on the pitch.
Chicharito has been a true professional during his time at United, never complaining about his lack of playing time and always accepting his role as super sub.
However, a player of his caliber many would agree should be starting somewhere, and that is reflected by the various clubs linked with his services.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 2
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 7