Aug 31, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
After years of accepting a bench role at Manchester United and doing so strongly, it would appear Chicharito is finally ready to head out of Old Trafford and find a deserved place in a starting lin…
Oh. He’s going to Real Madrid?
It would seem Javier Hernandez is swapping one bench for another as the career super sub will make his way to Real Madrid on a loan switch.
According to journalists Guillem Balague and Tancredi Palmeri, an agreement is in place to bring Hernandez to Madrid, although according to a number of journalists, the two sides still have yet to agree on the wage split the loan will feature.
Chicharito has been linked with a number of moves away from Manchester United after seeing less and less playing time as well as falling to the bench of Miguel Herrera’s Mexican national team.
Other teams linked with Hernandez include Juventus, Valencia, Tottenham, and Southampton.
It’s a surprising move considering his main problem at Manchester United was playing time, but with so many superstars at Real Madrid, it’s hard to see where he would find time on the pitch.
Chicharito has been a true professional during his time at United, never complaining about his lack of playing time and always accepting his role as super sub.
However, a player of his caliber many would agree should be starting somewhere, and that is reflected by the various clubs linked with his services.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 7
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1