Aug 31, 2014, 8:03 AM EDT
Michael Dawson will make his debut for Hull City in defense as they hit the road to Villa Park at 8:30am ET live online on NBC Sports Live Extra.
With James Chester suspended for his sending off against Stoke last Sunday, it’s the perfect opportunity to cast the former Spurs captain straight into the fire at his new club.
Hull City are quite healthy for this match, with no misses aside from the Chester suspension. Nikica Jelavic is the lone striker up front, supported by Tom Ince along with four midfielders.
Both these teams bungled out of the League Cup midweek, and are looking to avoid similar disappointment in Premier League play this weekend.
Aston Villa have four points in the league despite having registered just one measly shot on target over their first two matches. That shot went in the back of the net, the winner against Stoke City on opening day, but since they’ve been shut out against Newcastle as well as in their loss midweek to Leyton Orient in the Cup.
The home side starts Gabriel Agbonlahor as the lone striker, dropping Darren Bent to the bench after a pair of listless displays at the head of Villa’s attack. Bent spent last season frustratingly on loan at Fulham, and it hasn’t gotten better since returning, although the club yesterday said he’s not for sale.
Aston Villa: Guzan; Vlaar, Senderos, Hutton, Cissokho; Delph, Westwood, Richardson, N’Zogbia, Weimann; Agbonlahor.
Bench: Given, Baker, Bacuna, Cole, Bent, Sanchez, Grealish.
Hull City: McGregor; McShane, Davies, Dawson, Elmohamady; Livermore, Quinn, Huddlestone, Robertson, Ince; Jelavic.
Bench: Harper, Rosenior, Bruce, Meyler, Brady, Sagbo, Aluko.
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron inks new three-year contract at Stoke City 2
- MLS roundup: Last-place beats 1st-place; Toronto FC top Timbers; Revs, D.C. split points 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: One last time, with feeling (and drama… and dread) 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Tension galore as finale arrives 0