Aug 31, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Yaya Sanogo is Arsene Wenger’s man to replace the injured Olivier Giroud – at least for now – as Arsenal look to keep pace with the rest of the elite Premier League teams.
They’ll have to deal with last year’s Championship winners at King Power Stadium, something that has proved initially difficult this season for opponents, when the two sides kick off at 11am ET on NBCSN and live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Many have called on Wenger to sign a striker in place of Giroud who is out for a few months with a broken tibia, but so far he has refused to do so. Sanchez played up front in their nervy Champions League win over Besiktas midweek, and now he slides back to a supporting role behind Sanogo
Meanwhile, new signings are available for the other side as Leicester City will have new midfielder Esteban Cambiasso at their disposal on the bench.
It’s been 20 years since Leicester City pulled off a Premier League win over Arsenal, and they’ll need Leonardo Ulloa up front to continue his good start to the season.
Leicester City: Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky, Mahrez, King, Hammond, Schlupp, Nugent, Ulloa.
Bench: Hamer, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton, Cambiasso, Wasilewski, Wood.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo.
Bench: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Campbell, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski.
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 4
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 11
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 3
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2