Sep 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
On transfer deadline day, the potential for plenty of last minute deals is high.
However, let’s take a look back at some of the biggest moves of the summer so far in the Premier League.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
Below is a list of the top 12 signings, financially, who have arrived in the PL. Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea top the spending, while Arsenal are also up there when it comes to splashing the cash. There are a few more hours left for clubs to break into this list, but will that happen?
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
Top 12 biggest signings of the summer in the Premier League
Angel di Maria – Real Madrid to Manchester United, $99 million
Alexis Sanchez – Barcelona to Arsenal, $65 million
Diego Costa – Atletico Madrid to Chelsea, $60 million
Eliaquim Mangala – FC Porto to Manchester City, $55 million
Cesc Fabregas – Barcelona to Chelsea, $55 million
Luke Shaw – Southampton to Manchester United, $55 million
Ander Herrera – Athletic Bilbao to Manchester United, $50 million
Romelu Lukau – Chelsea to Everton, $47 million
Adam Lallana – Southampton to Liverpool, $41 million
Dejan Lovren – Southampton to Liverpool, $34 million
Marcos Rojo – Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United, $27 million
Mario Balotelli – AC Milan to Liverpool, $26 million
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3
- England’s case of World Cup fever just what the doctor ordered for women’s soccer in Britain 3