Sep 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
On transfer deadline day, the potential for plenty of last minute deals is high.
However, let’s take a look back at some of the biggest moves of the summer so far in the Premier League.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
Below is a list of the top 12 signings, financially, who have arrived in the PL. Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea top the spending, while Arsenal are also up there when it comes to splashing the cash. There are a few more hours left for clubs to break into this list, but will that happen?
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
Top 12 biggest signings of the summer in the Premier League
Angel di Maria – Real Madrid to Manchester United, $99 million
Alexis Sanchez – Barcelona to Arsenal, $65 million
Diego Costa – Atletico Madrid to Chelsea, $60 million
Eliaquim Mangala – FC Porto to Manchester City, $55 million
Cesc Fabregas – Barcelona to Chelsea, $55 million
Luke Shaw – Southampton to Manchester United, $55 million
Ander Herrera – Athletic Bilbao to Manchester United, $50 million
Romelu Lukau – Chelsea to Everton, $47 million
Adam Lallana – Southampton to Liverpool, $41 million
Dejan Lovren – Southampton to Liverpool, $34 million
Marcos Rojo – Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United, $27 million
Mario Balotelli – AC Milan to Liverpool, $26 million
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 3
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 11
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 6
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8