Sep 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Crystal Palace have made their first two signing of Deadline Day, as Neil Warnock is expected to be a busy man.
The new Eagles manager has snapped up young Tottenham defender Zeki Fryers, as the English defender has signed a three-year deal at Selhurst Park, plus James McArthur for $13 million from Wigan Athletic.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
[WATCH: Deadline Day show, NBCSN, 6-8 pm]
Fryers, 21, was a part of Manchester United’s youth academy but joined Spurs and was a big part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans at the start of last season. However, Fyers fell out of favor when Mauricio Pochettino arrived as manager this summer and has jumped at the chance to kick-start his career in the Premier League. The young defender will challenge the likes of Scott Dann and Brede Hangeland for a starting spot in South London.
Meanwhile the Eagles have also agreed a club record $13 million fee for Wigan’s Scottish international midfielder James McArthur and the 26-year-old midfielder has signed at Selhurst.
McArthur looked to be heading to Leicester City earlier this week but his move fell through, so Palace have swooped in to seal his signature. McArthur completed his move to Palace just before the deadline, as he was eager to return to the Premier League.
His addition will give Warnock some extra options in midfield alongside captain Mile Jedinak and Welsh international Joe Ledley. The Eagles could make a few more moves before the window slams shuts. Watch this space.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0