Sep 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Crystal Palace have made their first two signing of Deadline Day, as Neil Warnock is expected to be a busy man.
The new Eagles manager has snapped up young Tottenham defender Zeki Fryers, as the English defender has signed a three-year deal at Selhurst Park, plus James McArthur for $13 million from Wigan Athletic.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
[WATCH: Deadline Day show, NBCSN, 6-8 pm]
Fryers, 21, was a part of Manchester United’s youth academy but joined Spurs and was a big part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans at the start of last season. However, Fyers fell out of favor when Mauricio Pochettino arrived as manager this summer and has jumped at the chance to kick-start his career in the Premier League. The young defender will challenge the likes of Scott Dann and Brede Hangeland for a starting spot in South London.
Meanwhile the Eagles have also agreed a club record $13 million fee for Wigan’s Scottish international midfielder James McArthur and the 26-year-old midfielder has signed at Selhurst.
McArthur looked to be heading to Leicester City earlier this week but his move fell through, so Palace have swooped in to seal his signature. McArthur completed his move to Palace just before the deadline, as he was eager to return to the Premier League.
His addition will give Warnock some extra options in midfield alongside captain Mile Jedinak and Welsh international Joe Ledley. The Eagles could make a few more moves before the window slams shuts. Watch this space.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 2
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0