Sep 1, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
Steve Bruce has already had a very successful transfer Deadline Day, as Hull City signed three key players.
The Tigers swooped to sign Uruguayan international Abel Hernandez from Palermo for a club record fee of $17 million, plus Mohamed Diame from West Ham for $5 million.
Right on the deadline Bruce also signed Gaston Ramirez on a season-long loan from Southampton, as the Uruguayan international will join his countryman Hernandez. Ramirez, 23, signed for Saints from Bologna in 2012 for $20 million but has failed to nail down a regular spot in the starting lineup.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
[WATCH: Deadline Day show, NBCSN, 6-8 pm]
Hull have also agreed a deal for Hatem Ben Arfa on loan from Newcastle United, with the French international set to arrive at the KC Stadium on Deadline Day. Ben Arfa is a wonderful talent but has fallen out with manager Alan Pardew and has not been involved with the first team throughout the summer.
With Hernandez, Diame, Ramirez and Ben Arfa on board, Hull City have been the big winners on Deadline Day.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 0
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: Orlando City SC 5-2 Columbus Crew SC (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 6-4 Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0