Sep 1, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
It was a week for captains and mostly underdogs in the Premier League’s team of the week, as QPR, Burnley and Swansea players dotted the XI.
[VIDEO: Premier League highlights, here]
[RELATED: Latest Premier League standings]
If you’ve bought into the notion that Swans are now a power, and they look great, perhaps you’ll disagree with the assessment. Nathan Dyer makes a second appearance in the XI, and is joined by Swansea teammate Wayne Routledge.
Newcastle teen sensation Rolando Aarons hit the scene with a scintillating sub performance against Crystal Palace, while the defense carries two big leaders: Burnley captain Jason Shackell and Stoke skipper Ryan Shawcross.
Alberto Moreno and Diego Costa make sure traditional powers Liverpool and Chelsea get a representative in the team as well.
Matchday 3 – Premier League Team of the Week (Formation: 3-4-3)
GK: Rob Green
Defenders: Jason Shackell, Ryan Shawcross, Alberto Moreno
Midfielders: Nathan Dyer, Morgan Schneiderlin, Rolando Aarons, Wayne Routledge
Forwards: Jason Puncheon, Charlie Austin, Diego Costa
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 2
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0