Sep 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Multiple reports, most notably from the Daily Mail, suggest Tottenham midfielder Sandro is having a medical ahead of a $16 million move to Queens Park Rangers.
The Brazilian has failed to impress new boss Mauricio Pochettino, dropping to second-string in the depth chart. He has yet to make a Premier League appearance this season, although he did make one showing in the Europa League.
At 25 years old, Sandro wasn’t exactly a mainstay in the Spurs squad last season, but played an important depth role as he made 17 appearances in league play.
He’s made 106 appearances for Spurs since moving from Internacional in the summer of 2010. Harry Redknapp, the current QPR manager, was the one who brought him to Spurs at that time.
There are also rumblings that QPR are looking to purchase Fabio Borini from Liverpool should their attempts to snatch Jermain Defoe not materialize.
Toronto FC’s striker has reportedly been in talks with QPR as a replacement for Loic Remy, but he has asked for astronomically high wages, and Tony Fernandes is unwilling to comply after learning his lesson the hard way about players with high wage demands.
But now QPR has apparently inquired about Borini, with multiple reports confirming a $20 million fee has been agreed to and the player will hold talks with his potential new club.
Don’t forget to tune in to the “Transfer Deadline Day Show” on NBCSN (Monday, 6-8 p.m. ET).
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 0
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0
- Kolorov: City have been better than United for ‘five or six years’ 0
- MLS Playoffs Knockout Round Preview: Win or go home 1