Sep 1, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Southampton have added two player on transfer Deadline Day.
Belgian international defender Toby Alderweireld has arrived on a season-long loan from Atletico Madrid, while Senegalese winger Sadio Mane has joined for $18 million from Red Bull Salzburg.
Both deals went to the wire as Saints boss Ronald Koeman has wheeled and dealed superbly over the summer.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
[WATCH: Deadline Day show, NBCSN, 6-8 pm]
Alderweireld, 25, can play at both right back and center back and played in four games for Belgium at the 2014 World Cup. The former Ajax player only signed for Atletico Madrid last summer but has joined Saints on a season-long loan deal.
Saints beat off competition from Newcastle, Sunderland and Arsenal to sign the defender. The loan deal also includes the option to buy him permanently at the end of the season, with the fee said to be in the region of $10 million.
As for Mane, the 22-year-old has arrived from Red Bull Salzburg and the tricky winger will add plenty of pace out wide for Saints. Mane has scored 45 goals in 86 games for Salzburg and won the Austrian league and cup last season.
Saints have also offloaded Jos Hooiveld on loan to Norwich, plus Gaston Ramirez has also gone to Hull City on a season-long loan.
- MLS roundup: 20 goals in 4 games Saturday night — WATCH THEM ALL! 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 1-2 D.C. United 0
- MLS Snapshot: Houston Dynamo 4-4 Sporting Kansas City 2
- MLS Snapshot: New England Revolution 4-0 Real Salt Lake 0
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 4-1 Philadelphia Union 1
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0