Sep 1, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Southampton have added two player on transfer Deadline Day.
Belgian international defender Toby Alderweireld has arrived on a season-long loan from Atletico Madrid, while Senegalese winger Sadio Mane has joined for $18 million from Red Bull Salzburg.
Both deals went to the wire as Saints boss Ronald Koeman has wheeled and dealed superbly over the summer.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
[WATCH: Deadline Day show, NBCSN, 6-8 pm]
Alderweireld, 25, can play at both right back and center back and played in four games for Belgium at the 2014 World Cup. The former Ajax player only signed for Atletico Madrid last summer but has joined Saints on a season-long loan deal.
Saints beat off competition from Newcastle, Sunderland and Arsenal to sign the defender. The loan deal also includes the option to buy him permanently at the end of the season, with the fee said to be in the region of $10 million.
As for Mane, the 22-year-old has arrived from Red Bull Salzburg and the tricky winger will add plenty of pace out wide for Saints. Mane has scored 45 goals in 86 games for Salzburg and won the Austrian league and cup last season.
Saints have also offloaded Jos Hooiveld on loan to Norwich, plus Gaston Ramirez has also gone to Hull City on a season-long loan.
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 2
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3