Sep 1, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
It’s theater of the absurd and, at least for this writer, it’s very very funny.
FC Zenit Saint Petersburg put out a promotional deadline day video detailing their acquisition of Bart Simpson on transfer from 20th Century Fox.
Yes, that Bart Simpson.
[RELATED: Latest transfer window news]
[VIDEO: Premier League highlights, here]
A giant, wide-eyed version of the cartoon character makes his way through FC Zenit headquarters, meeting with Andre Villas-Boas and Axel Witsel along the way.
Watch the video below:
It’s pretty great, and even had some wiseacres altering the roster section on FC Zenit’s Wikipedia page.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 0
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2