Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
As noted in our International Friendly Roundup, Argentine winger Angel Di Maria had himself quite the outing today, helping skin Germany 4-2 with three assists and a goal of his own.
Di Maria’s second assist was equally well placed, a byline curler that couldn’t have made Erik Lamela’s volley any easier.
Di Maria continued his mastery of service just after halftime when he expertly curled his 30 yard free-kick inside the 6 yard box for Federico Fernandez to head home. Another sublime cross that made the finish all too easy.
Finally, with his hat-trick of assists in the bag, it was time for Di Maria to get on the scoresheet and he did so in fantastic style, with a beautiful bending run around the German defense, collecting the pass from Pablo Zabaleta, taking a few dribbles and popping the ball over the head of helpless German keeper Roman Weidenfeller.
What a performance by Di Maria, one that is sure to bring smiles to the faces of Manchester United fans around the globe.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 2
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1