Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
As noted in our International Friendly Roundup, Argentine winger Angel Di Maria had himself quite the outing today, helping skin Germany 4-2 with three assists and a goal of his own.
Di Maria’s second assist was equally well placed, a byline curler that couldn’t have made Erik Lamela’s volley any easier.
Di Maria continued his mastery of service just after halftime when he expertly curled his 30 yard free-kick inside the 6 yard box for Federico Fernandez to head home. Another sublime cross that made the finish all too easy.
Finally, with his hat-trick of assists in the bag, it was time for Di Maria to get on the scoresheet and he did so in fantastic style, with a beautiful bending run around the German defense, collecting the pass from Pablo Zabaleta, taking a few dribbles and popping the ball over the head of helpless German keeper Roman Weidenfeller.
What a performance by Di Maria, one that is sure to bring smiles to the faces of Manchester United fans around the globe.
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3
- MLS preview: Timbers vs. Earthquakes, Galaxy vs. Toronto FC headline Week 18 0
- US Vice President Joe Biden to attend USWNT’s World Cup final vs. Japan 2