Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
As noted in our International Friendly Roundup, Argentine winger Angel Di Maria had himself quite the outing today, helping skin Germany 4-2 with three assists and a goal of his own.
Di Maria’s second assist was equally well placed, a byline curler that couldn’t have made Erik Lamela’s volley any easier.
Di Maria continued his mastery of service just after halftime when he expertly curled his 30 yard free-kick inside the 6 yard box for Federico Fernandez to head home. Another sublime cross that made the finish all too easy.
Finally, with his hat-trick of assists in the bag, it was time for Di Maria to get on the scoresheet and he did so in fantastic style, with a beautiful bending run around the German defense, collecting the pass from Pablo Zabaleta, taking a few dribbles and popping the ball over the head of helpless German keeper Roman Weidenfeller.
What a performance by Di Maria, one that is sure to bring smiles to the faces of Manchester United fans around the globe.
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 1
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3