Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
As noted in our International Friendly Roundup, Argentine winger Angel Di Maria had himself quite the outing today, helping skin Germany 4-2 with three assists and a goal of his own.
Di Maria’s second assist was equally well placed, a byline curler that couldn’t have made Erik Lamela’s volley any easier.
Di Maria continued his mastery of service just after halftime when he expertly curled his 30 yard free-kick inside the 6 yard box for Federico Fernandez to head home. Another sublime cross that made the finish all too easy.
Finally, with his hat-trick of assists in the bag, it was time for Di Maria to get on the scoresheet and he did so in fantastic style, with a beautiful bending run around the German defense, collecting the pass from Pablo Zabaleta, taking a few dribbles and popping the ball over the head of helpless German keeper Roman Weidenfeller.
What a performance by Di Maria, one that is sure to bring smiles to the faces of Manchester United fans around the globe.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 7
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0