Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
As noted in our International Friendly Roundup, Argentine winger Angel Di Maria had himself quite the outing today, helping skin Germany 4-2 with three assists and a goal of his own.
Di Maria’s second assist was equally well placed, a byline curler that couldn’t have made Erik Lamela’s volley any easier.
Di Maria continued his mastery of service just after halftime when he expertly curled his 30 yard free-kick inside the 6 yard box for Federico Fernandez to head home. Another sublime cross that made the finish all too easy.
Finally, with his hat-trick of assists in the bag, it was time for Di Maria to get on the scoresheet and he did so in fantastic style, with a beautiful bending run around the German defense, collecting the pass from Pablo Zabaleta, taking a few dribbles and popping the ball over the head of helpless German keeper Roman Weidenfeller.
What a performance by Di Maria, one that is sure to bring smiles to the faces of Manchester United fans around the globe.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5