Sep 3, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
The U.S. national team returns to action on Wednesday, as they face the Czech Republic in a friendly in Prague (Watch live on NBCSN, 2:15 p.m. ET and online via Live Extra) with Jurgen Klinsmann selecting a young squad.
Players such as Emerson Hyndman, Rubio Rubin, Jordan Morris and Alfredo Morales are all in the squad as the Stars and Stripes begin their new cycle towards the 2018 World Cup.
They will be facing a tough task against the Czechs, who have Premier League stars such as Petr Cech and Tomas Rosicky to choose from. The Czech Republic face the Netherlands on Sept. 9.
We know there will be plenty of changes at half time and throughout the game for both teams but here is the starting lineup for the USA and Czech Republic. Altidore start up top for the U.S. in a 4-3-3 formation, while Guzan is given the nod in goal but will be replaced with Nick Rimando at half time. Young winger Joe Gyau starts out wide with Julian Green on the other flank, while there’s a midfield trio of Bedoya, Diskerud and Corona.
The Czech Republic include both Cech and Rosicky in their starting lineup as they warm up for their qualifier vs. Holland next Tuesday.
Czech Republic: Cech; Kaderabek, Prochazka, Kadlec, Limbersky; Darida, Jiracek; Rosicky, Pilar, Krejci; Vydra.
USA: Guzan, F. Johnson, Orozco, Brooks, Chandler; Bedoya, Corona, Diskerud; Green, Altidore, Gyau.
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0