Sep 5, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
I teared up after watching this video of a teenage Spanish cancer patient scoring for Villarreal in a charity match against Celtic.
These videos aren’t uncommon these days, but usually succeed in striking an emotional chord. In this case, 13-year-old Gohan is fighting an aggressive form of cancer and was given the chance to live out his dream of playing for Villarreal.
[ LA LIGA: Suarez is back (sorta) ]
After working a give-and-go with one of his heroes, Gohan dribbles through the Celtic defense before trying a fancy 360-shot that he eventually pokes home. He’s lifted onto the shoulders of his teammates and cheered off the field.
Cheers, Villarreal. And Godspeed, Gohan.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2