Sep 5, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
I teared up after watching this video of a teenage Spanish cancer patient scoring for Villarreal in a charity match against Celtic.
These videos aren’t uncommon these days, but usually succeed in striking an emotional chord. In this case, 13-year-old Gohan is fighting an aggressive form of cancer and was given the chance to live out his dream of playing for Villarreal.
[ LA LIGA: Suarez is back (sorta) ]
After working a give-and-go with one of his heroes, Gohan dribbles through the Celtic defense before trying a fancy 360-shot that he eventually pokes home. He’s lifted onto the shoulders of his teammates and cheered off the field.
Cheers, Villarreal. And Godspeed, Gohan.
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1