Sep 5, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
I teared up after watching this video of a teenage Spanish cancer patient scoring for Villarreal in a charity match against Celtic.
These videos aren’t uncommon these days, but usually succeed in striking an emotional chord. In this case, 13-year-old Gohan is fighting an aggressive form of cancer and was given the chance to live out his dream of playing for Villarreal.
[ LA LIGA: Suarez is back (sorta) ]
After working a give-and-go with one of his heroes, Gohan dribbles through the Celtic defense before trying a fancy 360-shot that he eventually pokes home. He’s lifted onto the shoulders of his teammates and cheered off the field.
Cheers, Villarreal. And Godspeed, Gohan.
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 1
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6