Sep 5, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
I teared up after watching this video of a teenage Spanish cancer patient scoring for Villarreal in a charity match against Celtic.
These videos aren’t uncommon these days, but usually succeed in striking an emotional chord. In this case, 13-year-old Gohan is fighting an aggressive form of cancer and was given the chance to live out his dream of playing for Villarreal.
[ LA LIGA: Suarez is back (sorta) ]
After working a give-and-go with one of his heroes, Gohan dribbles through the Celtic defense before trying a fancy 360-shot that he eventually pokes home. He’s lifted onto the shoulders of his teammates and cheered off the field.
Cheers, Villarreal. And Godspeed, Gohan.
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 2
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 1