Sep 5, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
I teared up after watching this video of a teenage Spanish cancer patient scoring for Villarreal in a charity match against Celtic.
These videos aren’t uncommon these days, but usually succeed in striking an emotional chord. In this case, 13-year-old Gohan is fighting an aggressive form of cancer and was given the chance to live out his dream of playing for Villarreal.
[ LA LIGA: Suarez is back (sorta) ]
After working a give-and-go with one of his heroes, Gohan dribbles through the Celtic defense before trying a fancy 360-shot that he eventually pokes home. He’s lifted onto the shoulders of his teammates and cheered off the field.
Cheers, Villarreal. And Godspeed, Gohan.
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 1
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3