Archives › Richard Farley
Oct 27, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
The former World Cup-winning coach has added another title to his CV.
Oct 25, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Oct 24, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
The two-time defending German champions produced a breakthrough performance, with a Marcel Schmelzer goal giving them a win over the champions of Spain.
Oct 24, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Upsets came good on Wednesday, with big teams falling in Amsterdam, Dortmund, and London.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:35 AM EDT
The young German champions get another chance at a landmark victory when Spain’s title-holders visit Dortmund.
Oct 24, 2012, 4:37 AM EDT
As Arsenal was showing their vulnerability this weekend, Schalke was showing their potential.
Oct 24, 2012, 2:38 AM EDT
Malaga looks to add to Max Allegri’s troubles while Zenit gets a chance to salvage their tournament.
Oct 24, 2012, 12:05 AM EDT
HOUSTON, Tex. — On a night when 22 players battled for a quarterfinal spot, the referee took center stage in CONCACAF Champions League.
Oct 23, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
On a day of near-upsets, historical losses where avoided in Manchester, Barcelona, and Copenhagen.
Oct 23, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Shakhtar Donetsk scored a famous (and convincing) victory over the European champions.
Oct 23, 2012, 5:08 AM EDT
The Red Devils look to go three-for-three when Sporting Braga visits Old Trafford.
Oct 23, 2012, 3:10 AM EDT
The race for second continues in Group G, with an unexpected contender facing Barcelona on Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Big, bad Bayern’s only loss this season came to minnows from Belarus. Now those minnows lead Group F.
Oct 22, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Shakhtar Donetsk gets another chance at a breakthrough match when they host Chelsea on Tuesday in Ukraine.
Oct 21, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
With a Saturday win and Sunday’s Marseille loss, Paris Saint-Germain have claimed their first in Ligue 1.
Oct 21, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
A 1-1 draw in Chicago would have left a lot of questions if the U.S. wasn’t already in a state of flux.
Oct 21, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
Manchester United is charting a course that will cost them one of their figureheads.
Oct 20, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
HOUSTON — Two late goals have Houston back in the playoffs, returning to the postseason after a 3-1 win over Philadelphia.
Oct 20, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Sir Alex Ferguson’s put his ego between himself and a player. And it’s all over a T-shirt.
Oct 20, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
Bayern must remember 2010-11′s title race, because they’re pulling the same trick on Borussia Dortmund.
Oct 20, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
Chelsea give another convincing performance in a London derby.
Oct 20, 2012, 10:16 AM EDT
Sigi Schmid took the case against Ricardo Salazar to a new level. Of course, Sounders’ fans have followed.
Oct 20, 2012, 9:03 AM EDT
The U.S. women are back in action tonight at Toyota Park:
Oct 18, 2012, 1:00 AM EDT
SEATTLE – Real Salt Lake was unable to take advantage of an early Sounder dismissal, held to a 0-0 draw at CenturyLink Field.
Oct 17, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Porter’s No. 2 will assume the head coach’s position at the end of the season.
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 4
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 1
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago