Archives › Richard Farley
Sep 18, 2012, 2:17 AM EDT
Worry around Real Madrid has framed Tuesday’s game as a must win, while Borussia Dortmund looks to put last year behind them.
Sep 18, 2012, 12:37 AM EDT
Issues surrounding all four clubs leaves Group C wide open as play begins on Tuesday.
Sep 17, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Arsenal opens group play in France while Schalke tries to do when Borussia Dortmund could not.
Sep 17, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
PSG makes their return to the world’s premier club competition on Tuesday, with former champions FC Porto looking to improve on last year’s disappointment.
Sep 17, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Where Pokemon meets endangered animals, a World Cup mascot is born.
Sep 17, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
12 de Octobre won promotion to the Paraguayan second division, with Cabañas on the field to enjoy it.
Sep 17, 2012, 12:03 AM EDT
Andre Villas-Boas and Brendan Rodgers came into the weekend winless with their new clubs, but while AVB leaves that distinction behind, Rodgers is still looking for his Liverpool breakthrough.
Sep 16, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Oh, yes – I am looking at you, Mr. André, but I am not here. I am away, in the future, already thinking about when I shall be away from you.
Sep 16, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Eight points back of Barcelona after four rounds, Real Madrid’s title defense has started with a fizzle.
Sep 15, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
It was as if nobody told players and fans the match could end in a draw. With this rivalry somebody has to win, right? Can they be … equals?
Sep 14, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Sochaux’s 22-year-old attacker gives a great example of how to condemn then dismiss supporters’ race hate.
Sep 14, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
As promised, Brad Friedel will start this weekend, putting him on the good side of Spurs’ increasingly concerning player relations divide.
Sep 14, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
La Liga’s back. Is Ronaldo still sad? Nobody’s moving on.
Sep 13, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Sep 12, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Chicago’s now three points out of the Eastern Conference’s lead after a Wendesday night win in Toronto.
Sep 12, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
One team’s thinking title while the other is thinking 2013. But the world stops of Cascadia Cup.
Sep 12, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
Wells Thompson wanted more playing time. It remains to be seen if Chicago’s the place.
Sep 12, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Toronto FC’s put their record-setting start behind them, but their place at the bottom of the East is nowhere near good enough.
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 1
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games