Archives › Richard Farley
Sep 2, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
One of the most important matches of the European season saw Shakhtar continue their dominance of Ukraine’s Premier League, defeating rival Dynamo Kiev 3-1 at the Donbass Arena.
Sep 2, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
Arsenal grabbed their first win and goals of the season, leaving Brendan Rodgers in search of his first Premier League victory at Liverpool.
Sep 1, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
Two teams looking to 2013 gave fans little to remember in New England on Saturday night.
Sep 1, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
Carlos Tévez continued his hot start to the Premier League season, posting a goal and an assist against his old manager, leading City to victory over QPR.
Sep 1, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
PORTLAND, Ore. – Bright Dike played hero on Friday, leading the Timbers out of last place in the Western Conference.
Aug 31, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
U.S. captain Carlos Bocanegra has found his life raft (albeit a temporary one), loaned to Racing Santander in Spain’s second division.
Aug 31, 2012, 5:52 PM EDT
The melodrama that’s surrounded Clint Dempsey’s move from Fulham is finally over, with Tottenham executing a last-minute swoop.
Aug 31, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Swansea City moved quickly to replace the departed Scott Sinclair, luring winger Pablo Hernandez from Valencia to Wales.
Aug 31, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
The fee won’t say it, but today’s transfers won’t get much bigger than Hugo Lloris.
Aug 31, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The diaspora of the 2010 Champions League winners from Inter Milan continued on Friday, with Manchester City nabbing one of the world’s better right backs.
Aug 31, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
After years of being ignored by Harry Redknapp at Tottenham, Giovani dos Santos has made his way back to Spain.
Aug 31, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
Stoke City snaps up another United States international, simultaneously liberating Maurice Edu from Scotland’s fourth-division.
Aug 31, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
Hamburg welcomes back a prodigal son, with a former captain returning to the Imtech Arena after sowing oats in Madrid and London.
Aug 31, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Fulham put quick use to the Dembélé money, snagging a player whose scored 48 goals in his last 108 Premier League appearances.
Aug 31, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
Amid the wave of analysis in the wake of yesterday’s Champions League draw came a seminal moment for “Group of Death.”
Aug 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Aug 29, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
Some consolidation among Chivas USA’s ownership should bring some interested speculation as to what’s happening with the mercurial franchise.
Aug 29, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
It took 180 minutes (and a crucial red card), but Real Madrid claimed the season’s first Clasico … and the Spanish Supercopa, in the process.
Aug 29, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
Together again after winning an NCAA title in 2010, Caleb Porter and Darlington Nagbe represent each others’ best chance of success.
Aug 29, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
The final UEFA Champions League group stage spots have been won, finalized the four pots for tomorrow’s group stage draw.
Aug 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Was it the lure of London? The idea of Premier League soccer? Or perhaps QPR broke the bank to get him; regardless, Júlio César has signed with Rangers.
Aug 29, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
The Whitecaps downturn has started to take its toll, with fans being called out for hypocrisy by a member of the local media.
Aug 29, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
While Clint Dempsey is still on Fulham’s books, another Cottager is set to move north. What does Moussa Demebele’s move to Spurs mean for the U.S. international?
Aug 29, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Portland has made it official. Caleb Porter will get one more NCAA season with Akron; then, he’s MLS-bound.
Aug 28, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
“When will Tottenham let Modric go” has been replaced by “will Luka displace Xabi with Real Madrid?”
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final