Archives › Richard Farley
Sep 19, 2012, 12:28 AM EDT
Manchester United looks to take advantage of another easy group while Sporting Braga hopes to avoid another crushing start.
Sep 18, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
Tito Vilanova makes his Champions League debut while Celtic carries the flag for a fading league.
Sep 18, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Valencia’s horrid opening schedule continues with a trip to Munich, while Lille looks to apply last year’s lessons.
Sep 18, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Juventus ventures to London while Michael Parkhurst’s Nordsjaelland visit’s Ukraine’s best.
Sep 18, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
Qatar and the U.S. viewing audience were among today’s winners, while the German champions and Milan’s coach have cause for concern.
Sep 18, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Two comebacks and a late winner saw Real Madrid wake up from their domestic funk to down England’s holders on Champions League’s opening day.
Sep 18, 2012, 2:17 AM EDT
Worry around Real Madrid has framed Tuesday’s game as a must win, while Borussia Dortmund looks to put last year behind them.
Sep 18, 2012, 12:37 AM EDT
Issues surrounding all four clubs leaves Group C wide open as play begins on Tuesday.
Sep 17, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Arsenal opens group play in France while Schalke tries to do when Borussia Dortmund could not.
Sep 17, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
PSG makes their return to the world’s premier club competition on Tuesday, with former champions FC Porto looking to improve on last year’s disappointment.
Sep 17, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Where Pokemon meets endangered animals, a World Cup mascot is born.
Sep 17, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
12 de Octobre won promotion to the Paraguayan second division, with Cabañas on the field to enjoy it.
Sep 17, 2012, 12:03 AM EDT
Andre Villas-Boas and Brendan Rodgers came into the weekend winless with their new clubs, but while AVB leaves that distinction behind, Rodgers is still looking for his Liverpool breakthrough.
Sep 16, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Oh, yes – I am looking at you, Mr. André, but I am not here. I am away, in the future, already thinking about when I shall be away from you.
Sep 16, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Eight points back of Barcelona after four rounds, Real Madrid’s title defense has started with a fizzle.
Sep 15, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
It was as if nobody told players and fans the match could end in a draw. With this rivalry somebody has to win, right? Can they be … equals?
Sep 14, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Sochaux’s 22-year-old attacker gives a great example of how to condemn then dismiss supporters’ race hate.
Sep 14, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
As promised, Brad Friedel will start this weekend, putting him on the good side of Spurs’ increasingly concerning player relations divide.
Sep 14, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
La Liga’s back. Is Ronaldo still sad? Nobody’s moving on.
Sep 13, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Sep 12, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Chicago’s now three points out of the Eastern Conference’s lead after a Wendesday night win in Toronto.
Sep 12, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
One team’s thinking title while the other is thinking 2013. But the world stops of Cascadia Cup.
Sep 12, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
Wells Thompson wanted more playing time. It remains to be seen if Chicago’s the place.
Sep 12, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Toronto FC’s put their record-setting start behind them, but their place at the bottom of the East is nowhere near good enough.
- Huge cost of World Cups: Did we need a protest like Brazil’s to point out the obvious? 3
- Early returns from England’s offseason tell a tale of two Manchesters 0
- This André Villas-Boas to Paris Saint-Germain link makes more sense by the day 0
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part III: Shunning complacency, and his second season at Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part II: London calling 1
- Criticism, negativity may leave Seattle with few rewards for their hosting efforts (20)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- PBT: Heat haven't won back to back in a month
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public