Archives › Richard Farley
Jul 25, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Sepp Blatter has threatened Gareth Bale with a ban for skipping out on Team GB – because forcing players to do things they don’t want to do always works out so well.
Jul 24, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
Luka Modric still wants out of Tottenham, but at least now he’s back training at the club.
Jul 24, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
The 28-year-old Houstonian, released by Norwich City earlier this year, has found a home in England’s second division.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s accomodation of Chelsea’s preseason preparations has opened a spot for Philadelphia’s Michael Farfan.
Jul 23, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
With Kaká entering his fourth season at Real Madrid, it’s becoming more difficult to balance the memories of his Milan dominance with the constant will he-won’t he saga of his life at the Bernabeu.
Jul 23, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Two months after undergoing knee surgery (and missing Euro 2012), Carles Puyol has returned to training for Barcelona.
Jul 23, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
Failing to win the Spanish league saved Barcelona just over $14 million in bonuses.
Jul 22, 2012, 9:35 PM EDT
NEW YORK – A late goal from 18-year-old Lucas Piazon helped Chelsea salvage a draw from Paris Saint-Germain at Yankee Stadium.
Jul 22, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Didier Drogba made his Chinese Super League debut, coming on at halftime with immediate effect for Shanghai Shenhua.
Jul 22, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
After seven summer defections from their club, AC Milan fans are mourning the death of the Rossoneri, providing another example of a paradox with fandom in the information age.
Jul 22, 2012, 12:55 AM EDT
Real Salt Lake claimed their sixth consecutive Rocky Mountain Cup, with the Alvaro Saborio, Fabian Espindola tandem setting the tone for Jason Kreis’s men.
Jul 21, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Chris Birchall’s second half goal gave Columbus all they needed to knock off visiting D.C. United Saturday night.
Jul 21, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
TORONTO – Liverpool started their summer tour of North America with a draw in Toronto, with Alberto Aquilani, Joe Cole, and Lucas Leiva making their returns in Brendan Rodgers’ debut.
Jul 21, 2012, 12:30 AM EDT
Eric Hassli’s moving east, with Toronto sending a first round pick and a international player slot to Vancouver to acquired the now former Whitecap.
Jul 20, 2012, 11:34 PM EDT
Tobin Heath is homeless, nearly blind, terrible at pool, and one of the key components to the U.S.’s Olympic title defense, all of which she takes in stride.
Jul 20, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Tottenham Hotspur’s best player is forcing a move away from the club, but don’t feel too sorry for Daniel Levy. This day’s been coming.
Jul 20, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Brendan Rodgers says Andy Carroll will not be sent out on loan, giving the Reds’ number nine a chance to sink or swim in the new boss’s system.
Jul 18, 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
SEATTLE, Wash. – Six first half goals kicked off the World Football Challenge with a bang, Chelsea earning a win at Centurylink Field.
Jul 18, 2012, 7:42 PM EDT
Don Diego opened his mouth, and more nonsense came out, this time about fellow Boca Juniors icon Juan Roman Riquelme.
Jul 18, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The thread linking Nelson Mandela to the game we love on a day of recognition.
Jul 18, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
LFC’s new manager has confirmed his club reached out to Fulham, inquiring about Clint Dempsey.
Jul 18, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
Paris Saint-Germain’s technical director says the club is done spending after finalizing the acquisition of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Jul 18, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Jul 17, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
Three years ago, he was walking away from the Red Bulls. Now, Caleb Patterson-Sewell has his eyes on a starting goalkeeper’s job in the Portuguese first division.
Jul 17, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
If you had Emilio Renteria in your weekly MLS suspension game, drink.
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 2
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 6
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 1
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago