Archives › Richard Farley
Jun 19, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
England has exceeded all expectations, while France finds itself in need of reflection as Group D’s final day closes the book on group play.
Jun 19, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
England is through as group winners, giving us all a lesson about hatching French chickens. Now, Euro 2012 pushes on to its quarterfinals … without both of its co-hosts.
Jun 19, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
With help from Sweden, England took first place in Group D after their … umm, patient? … performance against Ukraine, sending the co-hosts out of Euro 2012.
Jun 19, 2012, 12:05 AM EDT
Wayne Rooney returns for England on Tuesday, with the Three Lions facing a Ukraine team that must win to advance.
Jun 18, 2012, 10:13 PM EDT
France looks to clinch first place in Group D while Sweden tried to find some pride to play for as Euro 2012′s group stage comes to a close.
Jun 18, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Spain’s dalliance with third place drops their group stage grade, while Italy got everything they wanted out of Group C’s mini-tournament.
Jun 18, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
On a day that tested our attention span, Spain and Italy advanced from Group C into the Euro 2012 quarterfinals.
Jun 18, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Italy are through to the quarterfinals after their lackluster 2-0 victory over Ireland left the Irish matching an ignominious tournament record.
Jun 18, 2012, 3:15 AM EDT
Italy needs a win over Ireland to have a chance to advance, but winless against the Irish since Giovanni Trapattoni took over, the Azzurri may not find three points so easy to come by.
Jun 18, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
Spain picked apart a slow Ireland on Thursday. Against a Croatia central defense that has struggled all tournament, the defending champions may be in for another lopsided result.
Jun 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Germany cruised through Group B with a perfect record, but a revitalized Portugal was the story of Euro 2012′s Group of Death.
Jun 17, 2012, 7:48 PM EDT
Germany and Portugal are on to the quarterfinals, while the Netherlands are left to wonder what they’ve gained by deviating from the legacy of Total Football.
Jun 17, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
A late goal from Lars Benders sends Germany through with a perfect record from Group B, earning their third straight one goal win.
Jun 17, 2012, 3:48 AM EDT
For better of worse, the Netherlands’ nightmare ends today, with Portugal’s best player, Nani, likely to have something to saw about it.
Jun 17, 2012, 1:55 AM EDT
Germany needs only a point to claim Group B, but after seeing what Denmark did to the Netherlands, the tournament favorites can take nothing for granted.
Jun 16, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Wherein we hand out our Group A grades and look into the quarterfinal future for the Czech Republic and Greece.
Jun 16, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
Greece’s victory over Russia serve as a reminder: Tournament soccer is a very unique beast.
Jun 16, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Petr Jiracek’s 72nd minute winner vaulted the Czech Republic to the top of Group A and left co-host Poland with a last place group finish for the second straight Euro.
Jun 16, 2012, 5:03 AM EDT
The co-hosts need a win over the Czech Republic on Saturday to advance, while the Czech may face their elimination game without their captain.
Jun 16, 2012, 3:38 AM EDT
Russia’s clearly been the best team in Group A. Greece? It’s worst, but if the former champions pull an upset on Saturday, they will advance, potentially at the expense of the Russians.
Jun 16, 2012, 12:22 AM EDT
France made their claim as the best team in Group D, but in dispatching Sweden on Friday, England asserted themselves as quarterfinal material.
Jun 15, 2012, 11:18 PM EDT
France and England sit top of Group D on a day when the weather in Donetsk took center stage, temporary calling a halt to Euro 2012.
Jun 15, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
England gave up the lead then came back to post a rare victory over Sweden, keeping them on course to advance out of Group D.
Jun 15, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
France scored two goals early in the second half against Ukraine as a weather-delay early match ended with Les Bleus claiming full points.
Jun 15, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
The end of the world starts at the Donbass Arena. Make peace with your cubicle neighbor, because she’s the last person you’ll ever see.
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 1
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 2
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile