Jul 3, 2012, 8:34 AM EST
Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas is gaining internet praise today for his call to end the opposition suffering in the final seconds of Sunday’s 4-0 win over Spain.
Jul 2, 2012, 3:37 PM EST
UEFA’s technical committee has named Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta its player of the tournament. UEFA’s Team of the Tournament also revealed here
Jul 2, 2012, 1:05 PM EST
Andrea Pirlo or Andres Iniesta as the European Championship top man? Here are a few opinions from writers here and abroad.
Jul 2, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
Video: the crew from Kick TV shows you the best and most outrageous fans they encountered during their time in Poland and Ukraine:
Jul 2, 2012, 10:16 AM EST
Some of the swell TV pictures we saw from Poland and Ukraine over three-plus weeks were cooked up a bit, displayed well out of context in ways that distorted their true meaning.
Jul 2, 2012, 8:25 AM EST
The ProSoccerTalk staff quickly reflects on what they will best or most fondly remember when they think back on Euro 2012 from Poland and Ukraine:
Jul 1, 2012, 11:10 PM EST
PST’s Team of Euro 2012, Player of the Tournament, memories of the final, and a look into the crystal ball to see what’s ahead for Spain and Italy.
Spain’s three-week master class in prudent, patient application of effort (a.k.a., playing Spanish possum)
Jul 1, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Claiming a major tournament on a thoughtful platform of efficiency and “prudent conservation” isn’t all that sexy, perhaps. But playing a little Spanish possum here and there paid handsomely; Spain just beautifully managed a grueling tournament.
Jul 1, 2012, 5:03 PM EST
Spain silenced all complaints, giving a resounding performance en route to their third-straight major competition title, routing Italy in Kiev to claim Euro 2012.
Jul 1, 2012, 9:38 AM EST
Former German captain Michael Ballack and former U.S. international Alexi Lalas have practically been house guests for the American soccer family over the past month. Listen to them playfully poke at one another here:
Jul 1, 2012, 4:48 AM EST
Spain was picked to be in Sunday’s final, but although Italy has made a surprise run to Kiev, the Azzurri could prove the defending champions’ most difficult obstacle to three consecutive major titles.
Jul 1, 2012, 1:30 AM EST
Italy’s run to Sunday’s final had shown winning isn’t everything, while Germany’s fall forces us to consider our own mistakes.
Jun 30, 2012, 8:02 PM EST
The winners will have another day in the spotlight. Reflecting back on the semifinals is all about the losers’ what ifs.
Jun 30, 2012, 2:18 PM EST
The most prominent numbers from oddsmakers on Sunday’s Spain-Italy European Championship final from Kiev.
Jun 29, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
What does German legend Franz Beckenbauer say about his country’s exit Thursday from the European Championship?
Jun 28, 2012, 5:18 PM EST
Italy knocked out on of the pre-tournament favorites with a masterful display in Warsaw, again sending Germany home from a major international competition.
Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
So, that happened.
Jun 28, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
A brief discussion of when the beautiful game turns ugly and what it all means.
Jun 27, 2012, 9:48 PM EST
Germany hopes for a long-awaited major competition victory over Italy, who’ll need only one German error to derail the promising young squad’s world soccer ascension.
Jun 27, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
The defending champions are through after a scoreless game was settled by penalties, Cesc Fabregas sending Spain into Sunday’s Euro 2012 final.
Jun 27, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
I know I should be above this – but what can I say? Like last night’s over-helping of sea salt caramel gelato, it’s just too delicious to resist! I’m speaking of the ongoing verbal fisticuffs over England and where the blame lies for the latest bit of un-greatness. I spoke of this earlier. Here’s the…
Jun 27, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
All this back-and-forth sniping from England striker Wayne Rooney and former Three Lions manager Fabio Capello really is unbecoming. And they are both wrong.
Jun 27, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Jun 27, 2012, 4:42 AM EST
Portugal routed Spain when the teams met in November, but the last time the result counted, Portugal was just a small stepping stone for Spain on their way to the World Cup.
Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
Euro 2012′s semifinals start tomorrow, with underdogs Portugal, Italy trying to prevent an anticipated meeting of pre-tournament favorites.
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"