Jul 19, 2013, 8:41 AM EST
Socceroos star apparently close to MLS move. But is another veteran a good idea?
Jul 19, 2013, 7:38 AM EST
City splashing the cash, while the exodus is set to continue at Liverpool. All the gossip here:
Jul 18, 2013, 11:10 PM EST
At a friendly between the English Premier League’s Norwich City and Mexican second division team Dorados de Sinaloa in Sacramento, Calif., the new USL Pro team in the city announced its name as Sacramento Republic FC. On Monday, the club announced that Predrag Radosavlijevic — better known as United States national team legend “Preki” —…
Jul 18, 2013, 10:46 PM EST
While Julian Green has stolen the headlines for his two hat tricks in Bayern Munich’s preseason, Gedion Zelalem has also performed ably for Arsenal in its preseason tour of Asia. Zelalem lived for seven years in Bethesda, Md., and played for the Olney Rangers before signing with the Arsenal academy. He is not an American…
Jul 18, 2013, 9:48 PM EST
Taking a break from a preseason tour of Costa Rica, Fulham CEO Alistair Mackintosh, manager Martin Jol and captain Brede Hangeland will all be present at a press conference in Jacksonville, Fla., on Friday. Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, who recently bought Fulham from Mohamed Al Fayed, will welcome his new team’s delegates to EverBank…
Jul 18, 2013, 9:06 PM EST
SEATTLE — Despite not being able to play for his native country anymore, Seattle Sounders FC midfielder Osvaldo Alonso is not afraid to support Cuba in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. He watched the final group match against Belize, an improbable 4-0 win that sent Cuba into the quarterfinals. “They have to play now [against Panama]…
Money talks: Toronto FC loses its captain as Darren O’Dea completes lucrative transfer to Ukraine’s Metalurh Donetsk
Jul 18, 2013, 8:14 PM EST
As a club that has stirred up as much controversy as it has recently, Toronto FC could have done without dramatically losing its captain in midseason. However, Major League Soccer’s highest-paid non-Designated Player officially parted ways with his former club on Thursday, less than a week after he left the team hours before a game.…
Jul 18, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
With the fall season of the North American Soccer League kicking off in early August, the New York Cosmos headed overseas on Thursday, arriving in London for a preseason camp. Matches against Leyton Orient on July 24 and Watford on July 27 loom as the club’s “Remember Us?” campaign nears its moment of truth. After…
Jul 18, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
The Montreal Impact’s European flavor came to the surface again, as the club announced on Thursday its under-21 team would play three friendlies in France beginning on July 27. The Impact U21s will take on Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Servette FC Geneva’s reserve teams. First-team head coach Marco Schällibaum coached Servette, a Swiss second-tier team, in…
Jul 18, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
Romania has a history of exporting capable defenders to top European leagues, such as Gabriel Tamaș, Dan Petrescu, Cristian Chivu. The latest name on that list could be current Steaua București man Vlad Chiricheș, who starred again for the Liga I champion in its 3-0 win over Vardar Skopje in the UEFA Champions League second…
Jul 18, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
New Chelsea manager José Mourinho’s quest to reunite with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuaín has hit a bit of a snag. The Premier League club has put in an offer, but Madrid won’t let him leave for less than €40 million. Higuaín said early last month that he would leave the club after falling out…
Jul 18, 2013, 3:51 PM EST
The deal for Jovetic is expected to be in the range of $35 million (£23m).
Jul 18, 2013, 3:23 PM EST
Don’t look now but Christian Benteke is back in training with Aston Villa.
Jul 18, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
“It’s what every young lad dreams about, to be able to play for a club like Aston Villa,” Clark said.
Jul 18, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
Of all the players in the Premier League, perhaps it’s time to give Peter Odemwingie a break.
Jul 18, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
One of America’s young stars who has been plying his trade in England, Conor Doyle, has been acquired by D.C. United.
Jul 18, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
United would have been crazier than a bag of kittens not to switch Wazza for $15m plus Mata and Luiz.
Jul 18, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
It’s difficult to say what exactly qualifies as “drastic” for Rodgers.
Jul 18, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
But a bid is merely a bid. The real question is whether now is the time for Bale to leave White Hart Lane.
Jul 18, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Whew, this Wayne Rooney transfer saga has entered a zone of total and utter ridiculousness.
More Top Posts
- Young’s blast, Evra’s insurance see Manchester United into League Cup semifinals 0
- Late Jarvis, Maiga goals see West Ham past Tottenham, into League Cup semifinals 1
- Welcome to the Midlands: A trip to the heartland of English soccer 1
- Frank Klopas named Montreal Impact head coach 2
- Real Madrid, Barcelona under investigation from EU 2
- Brad Friedel: Tottenham players backed Andre Villas-Boas 2
- Tottenham is using blood spinning treatment on its players, and nobody seems to know if it’s doping (12)
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (11)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland (7)
- Intel’s giving Barcelona $25 million for a kit sponsorship you may never see (7)
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Klinsmann Shouldn't Have Been Re-signed Before WC
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit